VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my EOS lease is up next month and I've had a really tough time trying to decide on buying it or leasing another car. The EOS has been a great car for 3 years. Absolutely no issues other than scheduled maintenance for 3 years but it's time to move on to this:

2013 BMW 328i vert. Vermillion red, beige 2-tone interior with Premium Pack, Cold Weather Pack and Navigation. Picking it up on Thursday. (neither pics are of my actual cars).

·
Registered
589 Posts
Good stuff!

Doesn't the convertible sort of cancel out the cold weather package? (unless hardtop)

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,650 Posts
I'd say you chose wisely. Nice looking bimmer. :thumbup:

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
yea... finally a bmw 3 not in white, black or grey color...

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
Good stuff!

Doesn't the convertible sort of cancel out the cold weather package? (unless hardtop)
That has a folding hard top.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice upgrade. I've been driving my car year round. Mine has coral red interior and white exterior. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Can't wait to open my top! Auto or manual? :wave:

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks everyone. Can't wait to pick it up.

Had to go with the auto tranny as my wife does not drive standard and traffic around here sucks.

As for the color, I agree that there are a ton of white, black or grey ones out there and I wanted mine to be at least a little different. (No slight against anyone with one of those colors intended)

Cold weather package in a BMW is sweet with heated seated, heated steering wheel, and headlight washers. Nice for marginal days with the top down.

It's a hardtop convertible.

I tried the 1 series but could not find a comfortable seating position. The 3 series is a definite upgrade over the 1 series and if you're leasing the monthly price is almost the same as there are greater incentives on the 3 series including a $1500 rebate and the residual is better. You can even see this on the BMW website where the national offer is the same per month payment with less than $1k in difference on the cash due at signing on cars with a difference in MSRP of sound $10k.

I also test drove the new 2013 328ix sedan with the 2.0t and new body style and I can tell you that I much prefer the previous body/ inline 6 used in the e93. No 320i available yet but at 180 hp I would be very concerned about that cars performance. Hopefully you would be able to chip that easily and get it up into the 220 hp range.

·
Premium Member
2013 Audi TT RS; 2019 VW Golf R
8,908 Posts
Drive the 335is convertible and listen to the sweet exhaust sound with the top down.

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
The EOS has been a great car for 3 years. Absolutely no issues other than scheduled maintenance for 3 years ...]
That's impossible - that's a VW. I don't even know why people buy them any more.

;)

Nice choice with the new car. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's impossible - that's a VW. I don't even know why people buy them any more.
Must be because its assembled in Portugal. ;)

If it was assembled in Mexico or USA it would obviously be a POS. LOL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts