VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GLS with grey leather seat covers and was wondering if they would fit on OEM seats with higher bolsters, even with some custom modification? I would like to have the bolsters for more comfort/support and I have some squeeks/creaks in my driver seat that replacing the seat guides did not fix. But I want to leave the interior matching (plus I like the grey = unique) so I'm not really interested in the trouble and expense of swapping everything to a VR6 interior. Do I have any options? Thanks!

Modified by zuren1cs at 1:20 AM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Re: Leather GLS seat covers on VR6/GTI seats? (zuren1cs)

no the GLS seat covers will not fit on GLX seats

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
Re: Leather GLS seat covers on VR6/GTI seats? (28)

Quote, originally posted by 28 »
no the GLS seat covers will not fit on GLX seats

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Leather GLS seat covers on VR6/GTI seats? (mhjett)

Quote, originally posted by mhjett »
Is that OEM?? And is your steering wheel grey leather?

Modified by mhjett at 12:47 AM 5-22-2004

As far as I know it is OEM. I called VWoA in Auburn Hills, MI to ask and they said there was an option at one time to get grey leather in the GLS. That's why I'm reluctant to swap; very few people have seen an interior like mine.

And I don't think it was leather, but yes, the wheel portion of the steering wheel WAS grey. I had an accident since that pic was taken and the airbag deployed. They replaced the whole steering wheel unit rather than the just the airbag.
Thanks for the input. I guess if I want higher bolsters, I need to do a complete interior swap to keep everything matching.

edit for updated pics

Modified by zuren1cs at 1:16 PM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
Re: Leather GLS seat covers on VR6/GTI seats? (zuren1cs)

just in case you needed someone else to confirm it, no, the upholstery won't fit on sport seats. Sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts