VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Jetta GLX.
This morning when getting in my car I noticed that the seam along the side is coming apart. Amazing to me considering this car is all of 3 years old. Regardless...
Should I contact the dealer regarding the problem? Do most dealers have someone who can fix the seam or whom should I contact? I am really at a loss here...any idea of a cost to fix up the seam?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: Leather Seats? (fidlerre)

From what I hear it is hopeless to go through the dealer to get anything fixed. I don't think it will cost that much to get the seam restitched.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Re: Leather Seats? (fidlerre)

You can go to the dealer, but it will cost you. Find a reputable auto upholstery place near you. You will save bundles.
Just don't visit any guys (or gals) who could be on "Pimp my Ride."

·
Registered
974 Posts
Re: Leather Seats? (snowdog650)

I would definetly try the dealer first, but don't get your expectations up. The dealership can be very frustrating. Let them know about the problem and its even worth it to get a quote from them on how much it would cost them to repair it. There are 2 dealerships that I bring my car to, the one I bought the car from is actually much less cooperative on ANY issue - but at least voice your concern to your VW service manager in case this is the beginning of a string of problems with your car.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts