VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this last night. This was the leather on ebay that everyone busted on... but i got it for $180 and i think i got a deal. the front seats are a tad beat, but i think once i clean them two or three times, they are gonna be fine.

·
Registered
90 Corrado, 97 B4 TDI, '10 CC 4 MO
4,371 Posts
Re: Leather semi-installed (WhiteG60)

Hey Ian,
I am a recent leather convert myself. However, I have to modify the rear seat backs to use them on my 90. The interior I bought is from a 92 SLC and the pivot point is different.
I am wondering if you encountered the same problems and what you did to solve them.
Looks good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
292 Posts

could you post a larger picture?

hey, i have that passenger B-pillar in tan leather if you'd like to make an offer.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Leather semi-installed (zerouser)

Eric, well, the passenger side pivot point was on the seat, and on the driver side, i just didn't put one in. It seems to be fine with the bolts, and the latch, just don't put the seat down :c) I just removed the black bushings that were on the pivots on the new stuff, and stuck it through hte white one and used a cut allenwrench to tighten it.
Zero: sorry, i run 1600x1200 so it doesn't look that big to me. Hrm... do you have all the pillar covers? Cuz i need them all really. I'd give ya, say $70 for them?

·
Registered
292 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
Zero: sorry, i run 1600x1200 so it doesn't look that big to me. Hrm... do you have all the pillar covers? Cuz i need them all really. I'd give ya, say $70 for them? [HR][/HR]​
i was just being a sarcastic bastidge about the resoultion.

sorry bro, i only have the passenger side. lemme know if you want it (or i'll post it in the classifieds).

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Wonderwop: well, i paid $180 + 130 for shipping for this, and really, i don't think you'll find any this cheap. expect to pay $400-500 for someones old leather and up to $1200 for nice stuff.
Oh, no thanks, i'd rather wait and get a whole set.

[Modified by WhiteG60, 2:23 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
292 Posts
Re: Leather semi-installed (Wonderwop)

quote:[HR][/HR]just outta curiousity how much is it for a leather conversion?[HR][/HR]​
leather isn't all its cracked-up to be (uh huh....huh huh). seriously though, leather is hot as hell in the summer. its quite unbearable by july. (take it from a leather sitting fool)

·
Registered
980 Posts

haha i know what you mean my C is grey leather and in the summer i wanna kill myself but i was just wondering if down the road i change to tan

·
Registered
2,525 Posts

I have all the pillars (except the passenger B pillar) and a lot of other misc stuff as well.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Re: Leather semi-installed (90 GT-G60)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey Ian,
I am a recent leather convert myself. However, I have to modify the rear seat backs to use them on my 90. The interior I bought is from a 92 SLC and the pivot point is different.
I am wondering if you encountered the same problems and what you did to solve them.
Looks good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
Compare you two seats (stock and you new ones) you can unscrew the SLC pivot point thing and cut it to make it work like the early interior.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Re: Leather semi-installed (cramer)

Nice! I wish I had soft tan leather. Actually I want the seats that are in the new 25th Annv. GTI.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Re: Leather semi-installed (VRSIX POWER)

I just got done doing as full black to tan swap, I thougth it wouldn't take that long, boy was I wrong
I stayed up til 4 in the morning and I started it at 6 the night before

·
Registered
346 Posts
Re: Leather semi-installed (Wonderwop)

Yeah, I got tan leather, but I'm not so crazy about leather at all anymore. Is there any kind of stock cloth interior (from a G60, maybe) that could go into a '93 SLC?

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Re: Leather semi-installed (Treesnake)

I have a pretty much complete black colth interior from my 90, if interested. Carpet too. No heated seats though. And I am in Delaware, no shipping!

·
Registered
4,371 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]well i'm finished now and maybe total i spent 5 hours.[HR][/HR]​
But Jamie changed everything, all black trim, carpet too!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Re: Leather semi-installed (90 GT-G60)

I appreciate the offer, but I'd rather go with a lighter colored cloth interior. If one exists, that is!

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: Leather semi-installed (Treesnake)

Grey was an available color in some SLC's.
Not gonna be easy to find, though.
- Jack

·
Registered
1,644 Posts

I what the same kind of cloth thats now in the GTI's. I think it would look good in a corrado.
doug
93 Corrado SLC
With Tan "Leather"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.