VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
4,787 Posts
Re: leather stiching on sports trim (GTINC)

Quote, originally posted by GTINC »
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1936820

RE-BUMP
can someone please RE-post pics of the sports package leather seats with the exposed stiching. on the link above the pics have been removed, this was an older post.
I cannot find any pics of those interior with the exposed stiching.
thanks
buddah

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Re: (limesparks)

Quote, originally posted by limesparks »
BTW the black looks much darker in person. These photos always make it look kinda grey
*sparx*

Cameras tend to do that to pictures, unless you tell them not to.
This is a realistic color rendition:

· Registered
2,415 Posts
Re: leather stiching on sports trim (breakupyourband)

I agree... I kind of wish they offered contrast piping instead, like the B5 A4s... I always thought that was cool/classy.
Quote, originally posted by breakupyourband »
Here's a pic of my car with sports seats/grey leather. This was the only one I already have that somewhat shows the stitching. I will try to take a better one later.

· Registered
2,873 Posts
Re: leather stiching on sports trim (McGriddle)

Quote, originally posted by McGriddle »
The contrast stitching on the grey sport interior is hardly noticeable.

remember the backrest of the back seat does nto have the contrast stitching for some reason... the bottom does as do the headrests.. so make sure you are not looking at the back seat back.

· Registered
281 Posts
Re: leather stiching on sports trim (PD Performance)

I was talking about the front seats. When you look closely, you can see that the stitching is darker... it's just not that much darker or thick enough stitching to notice. The black leather seats have MUCH more contrast.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Re: leather stiching on sports trim (Biggie_Robs)

Quote, originally posted by Biggie_Robs »
Yeah, the front headrests are just about the only place I ever notice the stitching--and even then not too often.

Don't most of you agree that this is exemplary for most of the visual features on a car (or on any product, for that matter)?
When we select it and right after we bought it, we'll look at the things that matter to us a hundred times a day. After a few days or weeks, they are taken for granted (we know they are there) and we concentrate on more important things (like, look at that chick over there, ain't she hawt!).
That's why I'm saying, colors (and visual features) fade in importance. Functional options, features that we "use", will remain important during the entire ownership. We don't "use" color, or stitching, for that matter.
Nice to have, though.

· Registered
219 Posts
Re: leather stiching on sports trim (Nuvolari)

Quote, originally posted by Nuvolari »

When we select it and right after we bought it, we'll look at the things that matter to us a hundred times a day. After a few days or weeks, they are taken for granted (we know they are there) and we concentrate on more important things (like, look at that chick over there, ain't she hawt!).

yes, but that hot chick is gonna walk over and see colored stitching and say to her self damn thats hawt...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.