VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in a hour or so I have to leave to go to cleveland till friday. Im still debaiting taking the R or getting a rental seeing as how its a company trip. So what should I do, fall upon the mercy of Enterprise and end up with some boat or just enjoy the 600 or so miles and take the R?
Pics for views: All ready in winter mode

·
Registered
280 Posts
Re: leaving for a business trip (gintaras)

Quote, originally posted by gintaras »
Well, if your company will pay per mile, then I'd say take the R, otherwise, save your $$ and get a rental.

I second gintaras on that Jeff. Road trips are always more fun in the R, so if your company is paying, then I say let Enterprise keep their Lincoln town car.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Re: leaving for a business trip (bluerabbit0886)

Quote, originally posted by bluerabbit0886 »
i'd save the miles personally...

same here.
plus you can do burn outs and neutral drops in a rental car!

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok i made a decision, im going to take the R

The only car they had left was a ford windstar and a PT cruiser. If you see a RS on rt 69 or 80 its me, so give me a wave

If any Clevelanders want to have a GTG for dinner or whatever, shoot me a PM, I wil be in town till friday

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Re: leaving for a business trip (Memphis R32)

iVe done this trip about 20 times this year with the ecception that i go to columbus in between its a long boring trip in wich u will never come down from 6th gear
lots of ohio state troopers so be carefull and personally I would take the pt cruiser since is a long cruise in an automatic http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Safely in Cleveland with the R. The trip was a blast and couldnt ask for better weather, it was the first relaxing day I have had in a long time. By far taking the R was the best decision made.
I was driving around downtown Cleveland and and 4 guys stopped me to tell me nice car then asked if I was on Vortex. I found it too funny

·
Registered
15,766 Posts

x2. You also don't have to worry about anything happening to your R.
But I see it's too late anyway!

Modified by Mike Solo at 8:08 PM 10-31-2006

·
Registered
652 Posts
Re: (Memphis R32)

Quote, originally posted by Memphis R32 »
Safely in Cleveland with the R. The trip was a blast and couldnt ask for better weather, it was the first relaxing day I have had in a long time. By far taking the R was the best decision made.
I was driving around downtown Cleveland and and 4 guys stopped me to tell me nice car then asked if I was on Vortex. I found it too funny

woohooo that was me!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Re: (Memphis R32)

Sorry I missed the Halloween trip..I must have been sleeping

Anyhow, shoot me a PM, maybe we could get together while you're here for the holidays. I live in Westlake, which is right next door to Rocky River. Funny thing is, I used to live in Indianapolis in the late '70s

Maybe we could get Miro and Incubus (both Clevelanders) from the 'tex here & have a mini gtg

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm working at the Gund Arena (I refuse to call it the Quicken Loans Arena) tonight but I may take the GN since the weather is OK.
There's a RS .:R that lives right across from Jacob's Field that I've talked to before but I'm not sure if he posts here or not.
I live in Cleveland but am right on the Rocky River border.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Re: (incubus2432)

Like Roadrunner I live in Westlake also. I'll be around a mini gtg would be great.
Incubus - I think I was in a grad class last summer with your wife. She told me all about your R!

·
Registered
9,574 Posts

I know the (correct
) decision has already been made but can someone please explain comments like this to me

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.