VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, curious about a couple items.

I have my 2016 A3 2.0t B&O getting a few things done at the dealership and have been given a 2019 A3 2.0t FWD w/B&O as a loaner.

I noticed a noticeable difference/downgrade in the B&O. Only have really tested via SiriusXM, but def seems different. Is it just me? I've noticed the B&O on the A4 to be a bit underwhelming, too. I've been thinking about swapping my A3 but certainly want the B&O. Kind of sucks because I love everything about my ride, but getting up in mileage and warranty is almost up. I'll likely keep it and deal with the soon to be i$$ues. But, was curious if newer B&O sucks, or even is there a "better" B&O as an option?

Another thing that I thought was just in my car is the LED dome light upon entering the vehicle. It has that gradual turn on, but seems to kind of flicker a bit, almost like there is a short. I suspected it was when I had my MMI/B&O inspected a couple years ago; theres a mic near the dome light, and theres an annoying feedback loop that causes static when opening/closing sunroof, windows, etc. Can even test this by blowing into the mic while playing an audio source.

Anyway, I noticed the 2019 loaner has the same "flicker" when entering the vehicle. Anyone else ever notice this? Just a minor annoyance, but makes me wonder why. I even thought this was the cause of me having to have 2 batteries replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2015 AUDI S3
9 Posts
I have a 15 S3 with the B&O and it sounds amazing i had loaners with the B&O and the sound is not as sharp as mine is in the A4 or Q5. Plus the grills do not light up anymore like mine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 15 S3 with the B&O and it sounds amazing i had loaners with the B&O and the sound is not as sharp as mine is in the A4 or Q5. Plus the grills do not light up anymore like mine.
This is incredibly disappointing. isn't it? I'd even be happy to pay a little more for a (truly) premium sound option.

·
Registered
2015 AUDI S3
9 Posts
Yes ,I know I worked for Audi in Sales for 10 years and every year new model changes came. I saw the quality go down and less options. but more expensive lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes ,I know I worked for Audi in Sales for 10 years and every year new model changes came. I saw the quality go down and less options. but more expensive lol.
Yup. The de-contenting is rapidly accelerating with Audi. My current one will be my last. If I'm getting a VW I may as well just buy at VW prices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts