VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
In the off position they should be full bright.

I have LED DRL configured to full bright in off, auto, and parking position. In auto, the headlight will turn on and dim LED during dusk, night, and dawn. I just use parking setting when driving at dusk or dawn. Also I have LED set to stay on when turn signal activated, no winking.

I also have windows/moon roof open/ and close with remote. I also have auto rain sensing wipers activated. I have auto close coded for windows and roof but it does not seem to work.

My car specs are 2013 CC VR6 3.6L- Executive 4 motion with adaptive lights and RNS 510 Nav system.

Here is my VAGCOM code:

000800000000000000880281B40009442055000861200D208086462400C1

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I posted the coding somewhere on here. I don't have time to search right now but it's posted in here.
I will do a quick search and try to find it. Love your Mods on the RS by the way.

In the off position they should be full bright.

I have LED DRL configured to full bright in off, auto, and parking position. In auto, the headlight will turn on and dim LED during dusk, night, and dawn. I just use parking setting when driving at dusk or dawn. Also I have LED set to stay on when turn signal activated, no winking.

I also have windows/moon roof open/ and close with remote. I also have auto rain sensing wipers activated. I have auto close coded for windows and roof but it does not seem to work.

My car specs are 2013 CC VR6 3.6L- Executive 4 motion with adaptive lights and RNS 510 Nav system.

Here is my VAGCOM code:

000800000000000000880281B40009442055000861200D208086462400C1
I will give it whirl when I get off work today!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Everyone, Had a breakthrough with my Vag-Com Today, but first the story..:cool:

So I have successfully activated the LED DRLs to be "on" when the light switch is in the "off" position. Easy modification, I know. We all love those lights and want them on as much as possible. But what I have been looking for was to be able to have the light switch in the "parking light" position with the DRLs still at full brightness. When you do this normally, the DRLs dim to the same brightness as when the low beams are activated.:mad:

Essentially what I was looking for was the following:
In Parking light mode...
DRLS at FULL brightness up front
Tail lights on in the rear

This mod allows for driving in dusk while still looking mean and bright up front. Those DRLs (92%) are rather bright and this mode allows me to drive well into the dark while still having good visibility.

Here is how to do it (Vag Com Required)

Select Module 09 (cent. elec)
Coding (sub module 0)
Long Coding Helper
Select Byte 25
Edit the two digit Byte from 00 to 86
Hit enter on the keyboard
Exit the coding helper
Select DO IT!

One thing to note... When the car key is not in the ON position, the LEDs will remain dim (to save battery life) So when testing this make sure your Key is in the ON or even the RUN position.

So far I have had no ill effects from this coding change. Everything works just as I want it with no warning lights on the dash. It also helps to deactivate the amber side marker lights which aids in the sleek look up front.

As with any DIY, please perform these modifications at your own risk. Anytime you alter the coding of a controller you should write down the original code and any modification you made.

Thanks and I hope this helps other TT owners out there!

-RS:beer:
Can I do this is OBD pro pack ?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts