VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,204 Posts
congrats! that WAS easy wasnt it?
lol.
can't be that hard man. did you buy a set? i mean theres only a few "systems" in the taillight, theres the taillights, brake lights, turn signals, backup lights. if they dont come with a diagram then its just trial and error. grab that test light and go to town!

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didnt even use a test light. On the outside ones, I looked at where the plug ins were on that piece were the lights mount to. Followed each connector to the spots. Such as, Ground, Blinker, and the 2 connections for your bright brakes and your normal when you have your lights on. Went really smooth. The inside lights just used the stock harness and pluged right up.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Soon to get a new rear bumper, VW and Corrado emblems are on the way, and the liceanse plate holder is coming too. Then my rear end, cept for exhaust, is done.
Gotta love makin these things look purdy after the previous owner trashed it.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So does anyone kno how to get the lights on the hatch to light up? Is there like a connector thats missing on my car? When i pulled the plastic harness off the stock one, theres a spot for a bulb, but nothin in it. I put the adaptor thats on the LED's for the center on the hatch in the slot but nothing turned on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.