VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everybody I have a suggestion nobody should buy this car. As nice as it is and as handsome as it looks as well as the drives. There are fortunately too many problems coming up with this vehicle and there are absolutely no parts for anything to be done. I currently need a CV axle I will bearing an oxygen sensor. CV axle is busted and I can’t even get my car back. We’ll bearing is fine but they are insisting on changing it. They can’t release my vehicle and there’s no ETA on when even the part will be available. Could be six months before I see this thing again.

this is absolutely stupid to release a vehicle not even have any spare parts available for any kind of repairs. My suggestion don’t even do the buyback program with them. All they will do is offer you a replacement vehicle and end up selling that one. If you can lemon light drawing them and lawyers fees or possibly do some kind of class action lawsuit so that maybe they could actually start carrying parts for their vehicles before releasing. Do you think they would learn by now unfortunately they have not. Yeah they continue to sell these things and make these vehicles with apparently parts that don’t even exist. I wonder what kind of wizards and conjurers they have working there making vehicles. I’m thinking about going through the lemon law and hiring an attorney because he can’t even give me an ETA.
Their care system is a joke. They can’t answer anything or do anything other than say we have elevated to the highest level. This is terrible because I really like Volkswagen and they make nice cars but to have a loaner there is a bigger downgrade than what I have making payments without knowing when I wanna get my vehicle back sucks.

so let’s see their list of problems.
No parts no CV axles no wheel bearings no fuel lines bed all wheel drive systems and shut downs stop sales recalls and probably tons of other things they are not saying

let me hear your guises stories on how they are fixing your vehicle to the best of their abilities without actually giving you a date or want anything will get done. Imagine telling a customer there’s nothing we can do so deal with it. So much for looking for solutions

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well everybody I have a suggestion nobody should buy this car. As nice as it is and as handsome as it looks as well as the drives. There are fortunately too many problems coming up with this vehicle and there are absolutely no parts for anything to be done. I currently need a CV axle I will bearing an oxygen sensor. CV axle is busted and I can’t even get my car back. We’ll bearing is fine but they are insisting on changing it. They can’t release my vehicle and there’s no ETA on when even the part will be available. Could be six months before I see this thing again.

this is absolutely stupid to release a vehicle not even have any spare parts available for any kind of repairs. My suggestion don’t even do the buyback program with them. All they will do is offer you a replacement vehicle and end up selling that one. If you can lemon light drawing them and lawyers fees or possibly do some kind of class action lawsuit so that maybe they could actually start carrying parts for their vehicles before releasing. Do you think they would learn by now unfortunately they have not. Yeah they continue to sell these things and make these vehicles with apparently parts that don’t even exist. I wonder what kind of wizards and conjurers they have working there making vehicles. I’m thinking about going through the lemon law and hiring an attorney because he can’t even give me an ETA.
Their care system is a joke. They can’t answer anything or do anything other than say we have elevated to the highest level. This is terrible because I really like Volkswagen and they make nice cars but to have a loaner there is a bigger downgrade than what I have making payments without knowing when I wanna get my vehicle back sucks.

so let’s see their list of problems.
No parts no CV axles no wheel bearings no fuel lines bed all wheel drive systems and shut downs stop sales recalls and probably tons of other things they are not saying

let me hear your guises stories on how they are fixing your vehicle to the best of their abilities without actually giving you a date or want anything will get done. Imagine telling a customer there’s nothing we can do so deal with it. So much for looking for solutions
I feel your pain and understand your frustration. Years ago a purchased (special ordered) a Saturn Station Wagon. Had a few options that would never be found on a stock lot Vehicle. HD Sport Suspension, Upgraded Hi-Def Speakers, etc. When the Vehicle arrived a. week later, the FWD Transmission died, and had to be towed back to the Saturn Dealership. They offered to repair the Automatic Transmission, I said No. They offered to replace the entire Transmission with a new Unit, I said no way with a week old Car. I requested and they agreed to "re-order" the identical Vehicle and in the mean time, offered any brand new Saturn they had on the lot with a Dealer Plate to drive until the replacement car arrived. Demand to speak with a Regional VW Market Manager. It`s amazing what remedies are available if you simply and politely respond, "Wrong Answer" care to try again?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Wow yeah that is a ridiculous situation you are in. Im confused as to why these cars already have weird problems in the US since the vehicle itself has actually been for sale in other countries as a Seat and different named VW in China for a few years now.

·
Registered
268 Posts
No, the Taos is a US specific model
No it isn't. The the Tharu, which has been on sale in China for upwards of three years, is the same exact vehicle as the Taos. The Taos name is what they chose for the Tharus destined for the North, central, and South American markets. The only thing different besides the model name is the final assembly point--they're built in Latin America.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm with you! I have had the same issue since the end of June when I bought the car! It's been at the shop three times for the same issue! It doesn't DRIVE! It's a serious safety risk on the road when it just doesn't start in the middle of the road!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've been where you're now. When Jeep Renagade first came out, I wanted one so badly. I love boxy cars. I got the 15MY Renegade Sport manual. First no-start happened at about 2300 miles. The second followed shortly after. I got lucky it didn't happen when I took it camping. Then I'd contacted FCA Star Customer service, and opened the case. With the help of a Jeep enthusiast who happened to be representing FCA on the JEEP forum, I avoided arbitration which could have taken months. The last visit, rather a tow, to the dealer resulted in Lemon Law filing. FCA had purchased the vehicle back.
I still adore Renegade. I'll never touch any of FCA/Stelantis products.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts