VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1427 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Think just going to swap in standard exhaust keep the side exit, the drone at certain speed make it sound like a Minivan with broken exhaust.
It has the TRD exhaust?

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Gotcha. Should be all stainless, IIRC. I would swing by a muffler shop and see what they have that would fit in the stock muffler location without having to add a lot of piping. They can remove the muffler and a little bit of pipe on each side of it then fab up the replacement on the ground so it'll just slip right in, or weld up. Keep the OEM muffler and you could always put it back in. The dealership may even do you a good deal, too. I never know with my local dealership, it's always hit or miss.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Damn, that 80 is beautiful.

Wife has been enjoying the rig very much, as have I, since now she can just take her own vehicle vs taking mine, which can be too big for some roads.

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
Saw a 70-series TLC a coupla days ago. Another RHD, diesel, modestly modified. Even my wife and daughter liked it.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Can any one suggest me a good terrain tire for a Toyota 4x4?
all Terrain? or Mud Terrain?

I have the Falken Wildpeakes on my sequoia and they are a great all around tire, and quiet. Same for the General Grabber AT2's I have on my toyota pickup. both of those fall under the all terrain category, no experience with any mud terrains.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
all Terrain? or Mud Terrain?

I have the Falken Wildpeakes on my sequoia and they are a great all around tire, and quiet. Same for the General Grabber AT2's I have on my toyota pickup. both of those fall under the all terrain category, no experience with any mud terrains.
I have the General Grabber X3 on my 1999 Tacoma and they do well on/off road. Not near as loud as the previous set of BFG KM2.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts

I went with the BFG rugged terrains

They do well off road, but have a compound that makes them much better on road. I am about 10,000 miles in, and they still haven't worn at all.

They are about 1/2 the volume of my old K02s.,

They don't give you the street cred of a more extreme AT tire, but if you spend the vast majority of your time on road it is a good option IMO.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Hey there Brake Weight, May I ask where and how much did you bought your General Grabber X3? I plan of purchasing the same set of your all-terrain tires with 4Wheelonline but, I want to compare their pricing as how much you got yours.
$192 each and $956 for a set of 5 with their warranty from Discount Tire online. Granted these were 33/1050-15.

·
Forum Elder
8,152 Posts
Spammer's know how to talk to 4x4 guys, I guess. Haha. Ask a tire question with link inserted and then watch them all talk about tires without anyone noticing what's actually going on. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Spammer's know how to talk to 4x4 guys, I guess. Haha. Ask a tire question with link inserted and then watch them all talk about tires without anyone noticing what's actually going on. :laugh:
Damn. Got me.

·
Registered
Japanese Truck, Italian Motorcycle
2,100 Posts
I've had my truck for 4 years as of today. Coincidentally, it got 4 new tires today to replace the BFG KO's that were on it when I picked it up. They were only 5 years old from what I could tell, and probably had 8-10/32" left, but were dry rotted really bad. The KO2s are no longer available in 16" sizes I want other than load range E, which is stupid for a small truck, so I went with Duratracs in LT265/75-16 (C) for a slight bump up to 32".

Truck has been solid overall for 4 years, just did valve cover gaskets and will need to replace or rebuild the front shocks soon (leaking) as well as the LCR bushings. Still have occasional bumps/vibration from the driveshaft, I think mostly related to the slip yoke and carrier bearing, so I'll probably replace it with a greasable single piece shaft at some point in the near future. It's had one breakdown (SAI system failed and put it in limp mode, common problem in 2012s) a few years ago, and Toyota actually proactively replaced large portions of that system again a few weeks ago as a service campaign.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Had it for 18 months and have really enjoyed it. I'm a long time manual transmission car enthusiast and am surprised how much I like driving this beast...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1401 - 1420 of 1427 Posts