VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't be the only one who does this stuff.

Post up some pics, include the software you model with, the software you render with, and if there is any other editing you do.

This is one I've been working on recently, Porsche 914-6/GT

Modelled in Creo Parametric 3.0
rendered using Keyshot 6

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
i do some modeling, but for more technical pieces, not so much organic surfaces...like:

Also, not much rendering since its not really needed, but i have a pretty decent workstation and i have gotten some nice results.
Using solidworks with a quadro gpu.

·
35,022 Posts
Just started learning the 3d space about 5 weeks ago. Really digging it - lots to learn. Still having a bear of a time w/ texture maps ending up where I want/expect them to.

·
Registered
762 Posts
a little side project progression over.. the last several months..

Modeled in 3dsmax and rendered in vray

·
Registered
387 Posts
Kinda resurrecting this it looks like, but just found this thread and didn't want to stop the Porsche theme in your other one. From a recent personal / fun project of mine:
3DSMax, Corona Render, Photoshop / ArionFX post production
Base model of the ND are from grab cad, modifications are my polygon modeling. All custom shaders (I can share carbon fiber maps if anyone's interested.)

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been awhile!

I've been working on modeling a kit to convert an existing Singer "classic" model (by Szymon Kubiki) into a DLS. So far it consists of the entire front and rear bumpers, flares, skirts, roof, rear window, wheels, and exhaust. Eventually it'll have the rear window scoops, signals, correct mirrors, windshield, and a hand-full of other DLS specific items as well. Here's the progress so far. I'm using 928 mirrors here because they're closer to the DLS items and the mirrors from the Classic just looked so out of place.

All of my additions sans the 928 mirrors are engineering quality nurbs models.

I chose to run with a different color-way, something that hasn't been seen before. A rich yellow with a metal flake gunmetal stripe.

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Nice model! all G2 continuity?
Thanks! For the portions I did, yes. G3 even with some variable rounds on a few parts. The base was a "classic" Singer. I made the flares, skirts, wheels/tires, engine lid with spoiler, windows (rear, quarter, front), roof, exhaust, and on the latest version shown below I also have the front signals and tail lights.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yea it looks spot on... hows the NURBS in CREO? I used to use Alias exclusively for surfaces, really nice modeling features but the history functionality sucks

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 20 Posts