VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O.k.gang I just had Achilles tendon surgery this a.m. and will be laid up for 6-8 weeks and want some build inspiration. I want to work on mine but it's. Going to be at least a week before I can do any real work. So please show me your builds, future builds, dream builds etc.

UPDATE:
10 weeks since surgery. My Achilles is healing well but it's a very slow process. I'm much more mobil but can't spend any time on my feet w/out paying for it later so It's been hard to spend any time out in the garage at the hobby table. I hope to purchase a drafting chair/bar stool, (my hobby table is higher up than an average desk.) in the coming weeks once the tax return arrives so I can take advantage of all this down time and build some of my cars.

Thanks for all sharing your builds.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
First off, that sucks on the tendon surgery...I've been putting mine off as long as I can since my podiatrist tells me it's a 3-month recovery for the particular surgery I need.

Now, what do you like to build? Sports cars? Muscle cars? Race cars?

Some of mine:

This is in progress currently:

Good luck with your recovery, and yes, please post pics of whatever you build! :beer:

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice builds...Thanks.
Yeah, it's a very long recovery espcially if you do it right to avoide re-tearing it.
Hurts like hell as well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Damn, sorry about the surgery - having gone through an ACL surgery last year I kinda know how it feels - though I got off lightly by only being stuck in bed for about a week and moving around after another 3.

I'm currently working on a VW Beetle, but am having a hard time finding the time to get it completed with school and work.

As of right now:

And then I have a Ferrari 458 that I'm also building at the same time.

Hopefully I'll have some time by the weekend to get the Beetle finished and the 458 ready for exterior paint. :thumbup:

Best of luck with the recovery. :beer:

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice work on the beetle chassis and Ferrari Motor.
Hobbled out to the garage yesterday to see what I could mock up the new Aoshima wheels/tires with,

only to realize the Datsun 510 kit is too far back in the garage to dig out. Bummer. The Fujimi MKII, MKI are to big for these 14" wheels and
my AMT Sirocco is allready set for wheels.
It's supposed to be warming up in the next couple days so maybe I can get some paint on this.

·
Registered
22,277 Posts
I'm gonna follow this and likely post up some if I get around to finishing them. I have a boatload to start and not much time to build.

·
Registered
494 Posts
its a old dragon kit very very rare
I only saw two on ebay one ( this one ) for 25 shipped score of the year for me and another one for 150
I thought it was Dragon, I have a similar BMW JTCC touring car kit that came with the pre-painted body.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So my recovery is going well, very slowly, but recovering. I don't need as much daily pain meds so w/my consciousness returning I should beabe to start working on my builds a little this week. I'll post some photos this weekend.
Thanks for posting guys, helps keep me in a decent mood.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Really sharp builds, folks!

That Cobra is fantastic, I ran into some stumbling blocks with mine (caused by my failure to read directions, and compensating with irreversible modifications...lol), so I tossed it back in the box...I think I've already stolen the wheels for another project, so I'll just have to buy a new kit down the road sometime.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I'm lovin that Cobra. I think I have 3 kits boxed up in the garage. Only one partially built. As much of a VW nut I am, I've always had a thing for Cobras.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 117 Posts