VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Night and day. It's all in the separate lips. Gives you a lot more control in getting an accurate finish. The decals were better too.
The outer lips are Def. a bonus, but Fujimi seems to be off on the styling as well. Their LMs and REs are way off. (The BBS RE actually look like CKs.)

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Dang. I seam to be the only one on here these days. I remember when there was 8-10 pages of posts...
Oh well. I'll keep going anyway.
Just got my Alclad II so I can get some of theses new wheels painted. I'm not a fan of chrome so got polished silver. I'd planned on getting some done this weekend but my wife just surprised me by reminding me it's her family reunion. (I'd normally be pissed but my in-laws are a blast.) So maybe next week.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
GOOD stuff bro :thumbup:
Thanks man. Not that any of it has done me ****... I haven't done anything significant with my kits in months. Though my birthday is coming up, going to hint to my wife that I want an air brush compressor.. So can kick-up my paint worka notch or two..

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I hear ya.
So went to prep my tan MKII, and the paint scuffed right off. So bummed. It now sits covered in paint stripping gel....
Damn.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
So I was @ Michaels arts and crafts to pick up some items for my daughter's art project and happened to see some cool paper designs in a sale display. So I decided to take a look at the actual paper isle and found some pretty cool stuff. There was paper that looked like aluminium that could be used for heat sheild in engine bays. And some very realistic looking leather in brown/tan/black. They also had some very cool woodgrain paper.
I'm going to pick some up the next time I'm in and play with it a bit to see how I can use some of it on my model builds. I'll post photos soon.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Nice build...

Got some work done today. Nothing worth posting photos of yet but I've been re--doing the motor on the AMT sirocco.
Prev. photo.

I'll get some current photos by the end of the weekend.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Some awesome models out there! Here are a couple Ive done :beer:

Sorry about the poor cell phone pics, and Ill post more when I can, hope you enjoy :D

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I've hit an absolute wall with the VW builds. Don't know what it is...So I got a wild-hair and thought it
might be time to do some American Muscle...Did some quick moch-up of Revell Challenger and Cuda.
Nothing is set in stone yet re: wheels and stance but I'm going to do some more work today and see where it takes me...

The Cuda will be dropped some more in the rear and I need to fix the alignment of the front axle.

Through some Aoshima VIP 20"s on for [email protected]#-giggles.

And Aoshima 20" BBS LMs on the Challenger

Though I think I like these 18" wheels better w/Pegasus tires. I like the fatter tire profile in this case.

I'm doing both in "Pro-Touring" style. I'd planned on keeping them simple but last night I remembered
I had a dodge concept truck w/an IFS rear and Viper motor that might work well with either of these kits....
Oh here I go again....

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
No progress today. It is a scorcher and my garage turns into a sweat box. I did look for the Viper motor and IFS from the Sidewinder concept kit only to come to the realization that I have to many models. I found a third Cuda kit that I totally forgot I had.:facepalm:
I found some of the parts but I must have started kit bashing it allready as I couldn't find the main pieces. Better luck tomorrow.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Lookin great! Thats definately a tough call on the wheel/tire combos your looking at, they all have their ups and downs depending on the over-all look you want...

Been slackin on builds myself, my daughter was just born 2 weeks ago so thats consuming most of my life at the moment. Keep it up, Ill be watching :thumbup::)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The Challenger is looking pretty awesome with the back-spoke 18"ers...what do the BBSs look like on the 'cuda?

oldskoolracer, nice builds...and congrats on your award-winning 612 :)

Did a quick mock-up of my current project, Fujimi's Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG...

Paint is just Testors white lacquer primer, with gloss clear lacquer topcoat. Wheels were tinted with Testors transparent black Window Tint spray over the kit satin chrome.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts