VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
i have still in the box golf gti that i bought a long time ago from some old farts selling die cast models lol. If anyone wants to buy it. idk

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'll play

This is my first model scale car ever so be easy haha.
I wanted to do a patina vw model and found a herbie the love bug set that was pretty much never touched. It was from the mid 90s.
I think it turned out alright for a snap together kit but now I'm on the hunt for some older models.

I'll probably change a few things but this is how it looks now. I believe it's 1:18 scale.

Sorry for the bad pics.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Still pre-production but some better shots of Clearly Scales 16V.

Can't wait for this bad-boy to be ready for purchase...

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
And got in a little more work on my Challenger build

Got some paint on the motor/trans. And I recessed the cowl so more of the motor will be visible.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Minor updates.

Still need some practice but I'm loving using silly putty as a masking medium.

And I'm having a difficult time with color combos on the motor.

I'm leaning towards the yellow valve covers, and black ITB/Stacks. Oddly, I had put the exhaust on just to mock-up for fitment but now I'm liking the white, may spray them flat white then use Tamiya engine weathering to add heat accents.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
It's been hot as hell the last couple weeks in Santa Barbara so I've gotten zero work done on my project. We're supposed to see a cooling trend this weekend so I'm chomping at the bit to get some build time in.

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
honda ruckus

I've done scratch building on most of my builds but this is the first project that is completely scratch built. There are some parts that were borrowed from other kits such as the tires, and rear wheel center but they all had to be resized for this build.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
So depressing when a facebook reminder posts a two year old photo of my "quick-build"....:banghead:

Can't believe how little progress I've made on this build...Having our stalled out non-running 4Runner parked in front of the garage door doesn't help but that's a louse excuse for not building..

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Damn. Nice to know Photobucket has high-jacked all the photos..They only want $399 a year so that I can post them...Good by photobucket.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts