VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok how much different are the early US spec vs Euro spec chrome bumpers. ETKA has pics but they just dont do it for me. Anyone have pics? Maybe something with the side flaps that attach to the body? TIA

· Registered
159 Posts
Re: Lets talk early MKI chrome bumpers Euro (Rabbit 16v)

Do they have different part numbers? I've always assumed that the early chrome bumpers were the same. I'm pretty certain the bumpers fitted to the Scirocco Cup cars are the same as european ones.
Chrome bumpers and their end caps are now very rare over here in europe, I've always looked to the US as being a possible source for these parts....
I need some hope... I have three chrome bumper sciroccos....

· Banned
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Lets talk early MKI chrome bumpers Euro (Mickey Marrows)

Well its been a while since I looked them up and ETKA wont work on my new machine but, from what I can remember is that they have different part numbers.
edit: could you take some pics of the bumpers that you have on your roccos?

Modified by Rabbit 16v at 2:30 PM 1-7-2004

· Registered
46 Posts
Re: Lets talk early MKI chrome bumpers Euro (Rabbit 16v)

Not sure if this helps but....
According to my version of ETKA6, the part numbers for the chrome bumpers are:
Front Chrome 531807105
Front primed 531807105E
Front with headlight washers 531807105B
left protective end cap 531807171C
right end cap 531807171D
Rear chrome bumper 531807305
rear bumper primed 531807371C
end cap left 531807371C (scir., scir S)
end cap left 531807371D (scir.TS, GLI, etc.)
end cap right 531807372 C (scir., scir.S)
end cap right 531807372D(scir. ts, gli etc.)
Steve

· Registered
3,640 Posts
Re: Lets talk early MKI chrome bumpers Euro (Lobstrosity)

I know I havent. As with rabbits im going to assume that the metal euro bumps for MK1 roccos are slimmer, weigh less, and fit closer to the body. SOmething I may have to worry about since I have a new zender kit from germany to put on mine....dont want anything to look out of place. Ill tell ya this much.....the us spec metal bumps are farkin HEAVY. If euros looked exactly the same as US spec ones but were lighter id STILL want a set. Ive got niels looking right now.

· Registered
46 Posts
Re: Lets talk early MKI chrome bumpers Euro (Lobstrosity)

Quote, originally posted by Lobstrosity »

I've never even seen these in pictures, has anyone?

nope not in the flesh, but EKTA lists them for both chrome and plastic bumpers (different units of course). I would love to add a set of horns to the front of mine....
Quote, originally posted by Rabbit 16v »
Assuming doesnt work here. Now we have part numbers but does anyone know the answer?

the bumpers only have one part number listed, so I assume they will fit but there are different end caps, so I would assume they are different for European and American models. I took this info from model year 1980, hope a non-definative answer is beter than none

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.