VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
I have been lurking the forums for a while and I have a question.
When i go from 1 to 2 shift, it is very sensitive, and sometimes I let go of the clutch a little to quick and the car bucks, and comes almost to a stop (without stalling); I am thrown forward towards the windshield.
Is this really bad for the car or transmission? I make this mistake occasionally about once a week, and it feels as if the transmission is making the car stop abruptly, and gives a powerful shock to the drivetrain.
I just want to know how bad this is for the car because i have to drive this car for a long time.
It is a honda accord by the way.
Also, any tips?

·
Registered
15,848 Posts
Re: Letting go of clutch too fast and making the car BUCK (kontakterr61)

The clutch springs will absorb a lot of the shock, but the forces are going through the trans, so it isn't ideal.
Add more throttle as you start to let the clutch out after shifting to 2nd gear... this will help prevent the engine from acting as a brake when you release the clutch.
Broke

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Letting go of clutch too fast and making the car BUCK (Broke)

where else would th shock be absorbing to?
each time that i do this, will it do alot of harm to the tranny?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Re: Letting go of clutch too fast and making the car BUCK (kontakterr61)

I twill also transfer force to the engine mounts, they will expand and compress to absorb the force.
Truth is, if your engine is moving a lot then your mounts are probably worn. You can check them, your repair manual will tell you how.
But you should obviously go eay with them the clutch action!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts