VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

281 - 300 of 329 Posts

·
Chili Bigot
A muscle car (mine), a bugout vic (hers), and a beater (the boy's)
20,036 Posts
It's weird, but the added lines make the existing surfacing make more sense. Like a bunch of dots got connected. Looks pretty good now, but I don't think it will age well.

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
The Lexus LC F Is Finally Happening, Here Are The First Photos Of The New Performance Flagship

Rumors about a Lexus LC F have been floating around for months, but spy photographers have finally caught the model undergoing testing.

Snapped in Germany, the high-performance coupe has a modified front bumper with huge air intakes. The bumper doesn’t appear to be production ready, but the car also has extended front wheel arches which suggest the model may have a slightly wider track.

The rest of the styling largely carries over, but the LC F has lightweight wheels that are backed up by a high-performance braking system. We can also see a stacked four tailpipe exhaust system which echoes other F models such as the RC F and GS F.

Lexus has been tight-lipped about the highly-anticipated model, but it appears the company is already gearing up for the car’s marketing campaign. As you can see in several photos, the LC F was being lead by a camera crew in a Mercedes C-Class Convertible and we’ll presumably see the footage in a video documenting the car’s development.

Of course, the biggest question is what’s under the hood. There have been countless rumors on the subject and they have included everything from a naturally-aspirated 5.0-liter V8 to a supercharged version of the engine. Other rumors have indicated a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 with 600 hp (447 kW / 608 PS) and 470 lb-ft (636 Nm) of torque. These should be taken with a grain of salt, as should rumors suggesting the car will use a hybrid powertrain.

While it’s too early to know what will power the LC F, the LC 500 has a 5.0-liter V8 with 471 hp (351 kW / 477 PS) and 398 lb-ft (540 Nm) of torque. This enables the car to run from 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) in 4.4 seconds and hit an electronically limited top speed of 168 mph (270 km/h).

To appease hybrid fans, Lexus also offers an LC 500h with a 3.5-liter V6 and two electric motors. The model has a combined maximum output of 354 hp (264 kW / 359 PS) and this allows for a 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) time of 4.7 seconds. That’s not much slower than the LC 500, but the hybrid is limited to 155 mph (250 km/h).
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/l...pening-first-photos-new-performance-flagship/

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Lexus LC F Under Development, Caught Testing in Europe

Rumors have been swirling about a true performance focused Lexus LC F model for quite some time now, but recent spy shots have confirmed the model’s development.

Caught undergoing tests in Germany, the LC F prototype features more aggressive bodywork with larger front intake vents (which will look a lot better in production than the jigsawed mock-ups seen here), lightweight alloy wheels wrapped in stickier performance rubber, bigger brakes and stacked exhausts.

Japanese publication Holiday Auto reported in December 2017 that the Lexus LC F had been confirmed for production and would arrive with a new 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 making 621 hp. The same report indicated the LC F would be 7 percent lighter than the standard car, equal to savings of around 368 lbs, and would cost about $176,000 USD. That all sounds within reason to us, but the intel should still be taken with a grain of salt.

We’re expecting the Lexus LC F to arrive sometime in 2020, but perhaps we’ll get lucky and see it sometime sooner.
https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/07/lexus-lc-f-development-caught-testing-europe.html

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
New Lexus LC Limited Edition revealed ahead of Paris

Special edition version of the Lexus LC features a unique paint finish and interior colour scheme, plus extra kit

This is the Lexus LC Limited Edition. As the name suggests, it’s a special run version of the Japanese brand’s four-seat coupe, which features a unique colour scheme and gets some extra equipment.

The most obvious feature of the Limited Edition is the Naples Yellow paint finish - a deeper shade than the Flare Yellow colour that’s offered across the LC range.

The Limited Edition is equipped with the LC’s Sport+ pack, which means it rides on 21-inch alloy wheels and features a carbon fibre roof. Further add-ons as part of the Sport+ pack include Lexus Dynamic Handling, four wheel steering, a Torsen limited-slip differential and an active rear spoiler which rises from the boot lid above 50mph.

It’s not just the outside that gets a squint-inducing finish though. The door trims are finished in matching yellow, while there’s contrasting yellow stitching for the steering wheel, instrument panel, central armrest, and the white leather seats too. The headlining, meanwhile, is trimmed in Alcantara. A head up display and a Mark Levinson audio system with 13 speakers, both optional on other LCs, are included.

The Limited Edition will be offered with both of the LC’s engines: a 2.9-litre V6 hybrid with 354bhp and a naturally aspirated 5.0-litre V8 with 470bhp.

It’s not the first special variant of the LC that Lexus has offered: the Structual Blue Edition featured a similar specification but was finished in a unique blue paint finish with a blue, orange and white interior.

Prices are yet to be confirmed for the new model which is due to go on sale in November, though the previous limited edition was priced at £91,995. The latest Limited Edition is due to make its first public appearance at the Paris Motor Show in October.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lexus/lc/104259/new-lexus-lc-limited-edition-revealed-ahead-of-paris

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Lexus LC Convertible Concept Makes World Debut in Detroit

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/lexus+lc+convertible+concept+makes+world+debut+in+ detroit.htm

Open top concept suggests future direction of LC flagship
Dynamic design positions LC concept as a halo for the rest of the brand
January 11, 2019

DETROIT (January 11, 2019) – Lexus shocked the automotive world in Detroit three years ago with the debut of the LC coupe. It was a testament to the brand’s new sense of creative ambition, but it was only just the beginning. Since then, the Lexus design team has been exploring the brand’s evolution and the latest result of those explorations will make its debut at the 2019 North American International Auto Show with the world premiere of the Lexus LC Convertible Concept.

An open-air roadster that is an artful reflection of the LC coupe, the design goal of the Convertible Concept was the expression of “ultimate beauty”. From the rake of the windshield to the smooth contours of the rear decklid that houses the convertible top, every line on the LC Convertible concept was drawn to evoke an emotional response. A stunning design from every angle, the LC Convertible concept stands as an aspirational halo vehicle for the entire Lexus lineup.

“This concept takes the unmistakable design of the LC coupe and reimagines it as a future convertible,” said Tadao Mori, chief designer of the LC Convertible concept. “It blends all the best aspects of the original coupe with the dynamic design of an open-air convertible.”

Long, low and lean, the LC Convertible concept retains the athletic proportions of the LC coupe. It’s a shape that evolved naturally from the original LC design, yet still manages to stand on its own with a unique identity. It blends uniquely Japanese aesthetics with the promise of sensory satisfaction that only a convertible can provide.

In addition to the visual appeal of the exterior sheetmetal, the LC Convertible concept attracts drivers and passengers alike with an allure of a cabin that caters to every need. From the comfort of its tailored seats to the feel of every switch and button, everything about this LC is designed to make even the most common trip feel like an occasion. Crisp white leather trim abounds while yellow accent stitching adds a pop of color without distracting from the subtle elegance of the overall design.

More than just a grand tourer, the strong exterior lines of the LC Convertible concept reinforce its performance pedigree. Its short overhangs, 22-inch wheels and wide stance are all reminders of this car’s performance potential.

“A production version of this concept would be exhilarating in many different ways. You would see its dynamic lines as you approach, hear its engine when you started it up and feel everything around you once on the road. It would engage the senses in a way that is unique and exciting every time you got behind the wheel,” said Mori-san.

Lexus LC Convertible concept specifications
mm inches
Length 4770 187.8
Width 1920 75.6
Height 1340 52.8
Wheelbase 2870 113.0

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
18,882 Posts
Hmmm. I hate Lexus designs, the lines, the grilles, etc. But I LOVE the LC500. It's just perfect and everything works together so well. I also LOVE convertibles and almost always prefer them over the coupe/sedan version of a car. And yet, there's almost nothing I like about the LC500 as a convertible. The design is just so wrong. The top is poorly lopped off and looks unfinished, like a hack bodyshop did the work. Yeah, I'm almost speechless in how much I dislike it.

·
Registered
12,638 Posts
Hmmm. I hate Lexus designs, the lines, the grilles, etc. But I LOVE the LC500. It's just perfect and everything works together so well. I also LOVE convertibles and almost always prefer them over the coupe/sedan version of a car. And yet, there's almost nothing I like about the LC500 as a convertible. The design is just so wrong. The top is poorly lopped off and looks unfinished, like a hack bodyshop did the work. Yeah, I'm almost speechless in how much I dislike it.
My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
It still looks worlds better than the future droptop 8 Series, SL/S-Class conv, and 911 Cab imo. It would be my pick in the class if I didn't want a real sports car (911).

Can't wait for the LCF, it's gonna be mean. And that yellow interior is sex.

·
Registered
2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate, 2017 Miata RF GT
1,568 Posts
It's screaming for buttresses like on a targa. Having said that, I'd take it over anything from Europe in the same class.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
I still can't believe Lexus sells these cars. They look like something out of a auto show concept stage from a few years ago. They have more presence on the road then anything short of a Bentley.

I would love to have that convertible.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I actually love they didn't go for the boat look with the dead flat C like 8 and S coupe convertibles. Instead they kept the slope to give you a notion of aggressive roofline just like 911 convertible

·
Registered
194 Posts
Why even install the rear seats?
So they could sell the car at a higher price point and say it "CAN" seat 4 people, which would be either little children or midgets comfortably but I think only a rear facing baby seat would be the most feasible thought due to any kids sitting in back isn't a good idea and especially any grown adult over 5 feet tall. It's pretty much a money making gimmick so they wouldn't have to cut corners which means lost profit if that makes sense to you?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Accord 2.0 10AT, 00 Silverado, 15 Mazda5
702 Posts
So they could sell the car at a higher price point and say it "CAN" seat 4 people, which would be either little children or midgets comfortably but I think only a rear facing baby seat would be the most feasible thought due to any kids sitting in back isn't a good idea and especially any grown adult over 5 feet tall. It's pretty much a money making gimmick so they wouldn't have to cut corners which means lost profit if that makes sense to you?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Even small kids don't fit back there. Sat in one again at the auto show today and there's maybe 2" of space between the seat back and the front of the rear seat bottom. Of course I'm 6'3" but it ain't happening.

·
Premium Member
'09 GTI, 02 Golf, '66 Vespa
8,069 Posts
Just a quick bump here. I saw this thing online and thought "Oh hey, that looks pretty good..." but they had one at the auto show today, and wow this car looks incredible in person! I was really blown away. It looks every bit of its six figure price tag. It's like a concept car. Pictures don't do it justice; it's much better in person.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Let me repost this again.... LC with Structural Blue is one of my dream car... :heart::heart:

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Lexus LC Convertible might be revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed

The drop-top variant will likely resemble the concept from Detroit

Lexus reportedly has plans to reveal a Lexus LC Convertible at this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed. The news comes from a Roadshow report, citing multiple, anonymous Lexus sources. One is right to be skeptical, but an LC Convertible seems likely after seeing the concept revealed at the Detroit Auto Show at the beginning of the year.

We liked what we saw back in January, and the "concept" looked nearly production ready. Lexus hinted a production version may be on the way, and it looks like we might see the delivery of that car in early July. The Goodwood Festival of Speed runs July 4-7.

That concept car was missing a roof, but we imagine Lexus will be fitting a space-saving soft top for the production car. Space is limited in the LC500's small trunk, and a bulky hard top would just about kill it entirely. However, the gorgeous lines of the LC500 will most likely suffer from such a top — it's pretty much impossible to replicate the coupe's sweet lines and styling with a fabric top.

The idea of an LC Convertible is sound, though. It makes sense for Lexus to take advantage of the beautiful and exotic design of the LC500 for more models, especially as BMW dives head first into this arena with multiple flavors of the 8 Series. As convertibles typically are, we'll expect this one to be more expensive and slower than the coupe. The LC500 starts at $93,325, including the $1,025 destination charge. Lexus says acceleration to 60 mph with the 5.0-liter V8 takes 4.4 seconds. We wouldn't be surprised to see a price tag arching over $100,000, and a couple tenths knocked off that 0-60 mph time with an inevitably heavier car.

The Goodwood Festival of Speed is as good a place as any to reveal something like an LC Convertible. We'll be on the grounds in England when the time comes, so check back to see if Lexus decides to pull the covers off in a few weeks.
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/12/lexus-lc-convertible-goodwood-festival-of-speed/

281 - 300 of 329 Posts