VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2022 SEL R-Line. Installed both items this afternoon. Some notes...

The PCV connector, to the OEM turbo pipe is incredibly difficult to get apart. I used a hair dryer and heated the connection up for a min. or two. I then pulled on it and it came right off. Before? It would not budge. Good tip there! The ECS inlet pipe didn't quite fit. The tabs that fit into the turbo were coated with the same coating as the pipe itself - that black crinkle coating. They made those tabs too thick. I had to file that crinkle coating off and then it fit fine. Something to note as I fought that damn thing for 15min. until I started looking closer at it. The intake installed well, but I need to find a seal between the MAF sensor pipe and the air filter pipe. Else that, it all went together well.

I have the Neuspeed power module installed, too. I notice much better throttle response and quicker spooling of the turbo, for sure. Also, you hear much more of the turbo spooling and letting off pressure. I'm not
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Flash photography

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

sure what the actual power gain is, with all of these mods, but it's noticeable, for sure.

Shumax

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same air intake I plan on purchasing! How’s the sound while driving normal? Just curious as I’m hoping it mild when just putting round town and when I get on it I hope it’s a bit more noticeable.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is EXACTLY how I would describe it. There is just a slightly more noticeable growl tooling around town. Get into it more and you can hear more of that growl, but not a ton. My car only has 250 miles on it, so I didn't run it up high in the RPM range. You can hear the turbo spool up and dump pressure too - psshhh. It's not over the top, at all, though. It certainly is NOT as loud as a CAI on a NON turbo engine, that's for sure...

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is EXACTLY how I would describe it. There is just a slightly more noticeable growl tooling around town. Get into it more and you can hear more of that growl, but not a ton. My car only has 250 miles on it, so I didn't run it up high in the RPM range. You can hear the turbo spool up and dump pressure too - psshhh. It's not over the top, at all, though. It certainly is NOT as loud as a CAI on a NON turbo engine, that's for sure...
Thanks for the reply! Enjoy the mod 👊🏻

1 - 4 of 4 Posts