VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS I WANTED TO PUT IN A BOYO VISON VTL-300 LICENSE PLATE BACKUP CAMERA INSTALL? ANYBODY DONE IT? A GUY AT THE DEALERSHIP TOLD ME I MIGHT NEED TO DRILL SOME HOLES TO GET THE WIRES THROUGH? IF POSSIBLE A SCHEMATICS WOULD BE NICE BUT WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???

Modified by vw2.5 at 7:10 PM 3-17-2008
[/URL]
[/IMG]

Modified by vw2.5 at 7:10 PM 3-17-2008

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Re: LICENSE PLATE CAMERA INSTALL? (natskiboy)

Quote, originally posted by natskiboy »
Why?

x2 i'd understand on an SUV or something. But hey then again the Lexus IS has a backup camera too.

I say go for it if its something you really would like in your car!!

· Registered
2,936 Posts
Re: LICENSE PLATE CAMERA INSTALL? (vw2.5)

Put it up Front! Like A Nascar Bumper Cam http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
207 Posts
I would have to agree with what others have said. My dad did something similar on his '05 TL, but the TL has a really high rear shelf, making it hard to see out back, so this mod is actually quite useful in tight parking lots. The quality you tend to find in aftermarket backup cameras is not the best. Compared to the backup camera that comes standard on 07+ TL's, the quality on the aftermarket ones is marginal at best. Also, I don't really think it is necessary in the GTI. I think you could take that money and put it into something else, like upgrading the sound system in your car or having a radar detector integrated into the car. A friend of mine with an RS6 had the radar detector integrated into his car, and it is definitely nice. He had the LED indicators integrated into one of the empty buttons on the dash. In the case of the GTI, you could have it integrated into one of the buttons next to the ESP button.
Modified by SanJoJoe at 9:55 PM 3-17-2008

Modified by SanJoJoe at 9:57 PM 3-17-2008

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.