VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
121 - 140 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Updated pictures. Added the BFT blocks and decreased the rub, but will eventually go with 255/70 r17 when need to replace. Added the aFe cold air intake and love the sound and performance. Excited to see the prospector platform options people have used. Looking forward to possibly adding that later. View attachment 70112 View attachment 70113
what size tires? and what is the offset of the wheels? looks great

·
Registered
33 Posts
what size tires? and what is the offset of the wheels? looks great
Thanks! Tires are 265/70r17 (Falken Wildpeak ATIII), but 255/70r17 will eliminate the minor rub I have now (even with the blocks). The Black Rhino Boxer wheel has a 12mm offset. No spacers needed as they stick out about a .5” from the fender line. Gives it a great wide base.

·
Registered
129 Posts
@California-Kid the factory jack does not work with the forge leveling kit and increasing the tire size +1”. I keep a scrap 2x4 (about 16” long) in the storage area that will help the factory jack work.
Yup, got a scrap piece of 2x6 myself.

Reactions: Prattagain

·
Registered
9 Posts
@cdriscoll how are the lights operated? Rocker inside? If so, where? Thanks in advance. The set up I have will have two switches I need to mount inside and just trying to get a sense of how others have done it.
I haven’t had time to run all of the wires but yes they will be on rockers. The rockers will mount inside the driver’s glove box

·
Registered
33 Posts
Update on lighting and a couple other items: took it to a shop and had new lights wired up. They cleaned up all the wiring inside the hood to look stock and added three switches inside. All lights are hot due to the Atlas’ wiring harness and computer chip in the headlights. They did find a trigger for the front light’s amber function to come on when car’s running lights are engage. Wrapped the roof rails and lower part of the window trim. Now to just get the exhaust tips deleted (anyone done that?). I took the hash marks off (loved the look, but with the ditch lights it made the front real busy) and added lower back door throwback VW 4WD stickers. I also added the aFe cold air intake (easy install). Will get some more pics showing the rig in its entirety.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine look similar, I measured it before the lift, it basically pulls the camber around half a degree positive change front and rear.

Unfortunately you end up with slightly positive camber on the front with no way to compensate it. The rear camber is fine and can be adjusted back,but I feel the rear toe is probably pretty close to it's maximum adjustment and still stay within the tolerance.

I haven't been able to have a closer look to see if I can modify the front struts bolts to maybe slot the upper holes slightly to try and get back to atleast 0⁰ or slightly negative.
I wonder if this lift kit will clean things up a bit. I have the Forge Lift Kit and there is some slight camber at the front wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Forge 1.5” - 275/65/R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

View attachment 69349 View attachment 69350
My God man. That looks sooo good. I've been searching high and low for a roof rack system like this...and a bumper like yours. If you would considering making a few more of these, I'd love to be first in line.

I love the Gobi racks and just wish there were options for Atlas out there. Anyone else know of an available similar option?

121 - 140 of 203 Posts