VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving back from RI via the Mass pike, the road was wet and the cruise control was set at 75, when the light out warning light came on. When I stopped at the next service center I checked the lights and they were all working. When I restarted the car the info center said that my right rear sidelight was not working. I got out and checked again and all was well. A few miles down the road the warning light went out.
About a half an hour later the warning light came on again. I stopped at the next service center and checked the lights again, and all were still working. When I restarted the car the info center said that my left brake light was not working. I checked and it was working. After about 10 minutes the warning light went out.
The next day I went to the car wash and the warning light came on again. Has anybody seen this before?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Had same issue here as well. I finally had a steady bulb out warning and changed the bulb and haven't had any issues. I think the stock bulbs are just garbage.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yes

It soudns like the same story i had before.
If i am remembering this correctly, my right tail light went out...just the corner one.

I know you get nervous and all but ...i 've actually waited and the warning light went off.
It came back on after several weeks. .....well i visited my dealer and they simply change the bulbs for like 5 bucks or something under the condition of DIY. After that i haven't had any light issues, like bulb not working or etc.

So just go ahead and buy a new bulb and swap them out :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.