VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Impressive build and more impressive story! You're the man! I hope you're doing well and continue to do well in your injury recovery and rehab!

How do you like the new dashcam? I'm looking for a high quality dashcam that will install cleanly and wont let me down. This one looks pretty good, definitely curious what your opinions are.

Also, what radar detector would you recommend? Does yours manage to block out the k band signals from other cars' adaptive cruise control and keep lane assist systems? I know that none of them can do this completely... but it seems like you know your stuff so I'm curious what you recommend. I've never owned a radar detector... but from what I understand, you've got to shell out several hundred to get one worth your time...

Thanks for this thread and thanks for your thoughts!
-Mike

· Vendor
10,413 Posts
I didnt know how I missed your post, my IG is cale262, I have the reverse LED's in my euro tails, I didnt know when I bought the first set of EU tails that if you dont have the LED reverse diodes you throw a code in the GTI...I bought two sets, one for each set...The Cherry tails are for sale now, with a new harness and LED reverse, they are like new if anyone want some cheap OEM ROW tails, on my car for less than a weeks and only driven with them 3/4 times...shameless plug ;)
Thanks, sending over the trunk strip/rear camera photo so they can share/tag. They are excited to see what you think about the new xenon d3s, they were doing some more testing and I feel from what I was seeing you will love the extra clean light.

But keep up the thread a lot of great cool info and thanks for your service. :thumbup:

· Registered
Too Much Electronics!
2,440 Posts
Cale,

Excellent read! It's far too easy to stereotype paraplegics as drivers of larger vehicles, especially vans. It's really cool to see you making the GTI work for you! :thumbup:

As a fellow cyclist, and at the risk of going OT, I'm inclined to ask if you've tried a handcycle? Have you returned to competitive events?

Scott

· Registered
399 Posts
Those cognac leather seats in your Jeep are dope AF. Beautiful color. Hope those legs work out for you (and everyone else) in the real world soon. You don't seem to be letting this stop you from living. It's inspiring for us without the injuries. Thanks for sharing with everyone!

· Registered
Too Much Electronics!
2,440 Posts
Very exciting to try to mechanical legs, I can imagine. If you're making videos, I'd be interested in seeing how you get the chair into the car when you're alone. If the chair breaks down as compactly as I imagine, then I can see why people opt for "simple" wheelchairs, especially if they're still in good physical shape. An electric wheelchair would seem cumbersome with a GTI, to say the very least.

· Registered
101 Posts
Badass build man. I love how you take care of the paint so well... something I lack in doing. Its been exactly 13 months of ownership and I need to get my car professionally clay and waxed.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.