VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2Y bolted to my 95 ABA...I'm using an 8.5Lb flywheel with a 16v clutch setup. I'm wondering if I will benefit from being underdriven as well as having a light weight pully kit.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Re: Lightened Flywheel + Underdriven Pully Kit? (Pagano)

Quote, originally posted by Pagano »
I have a 2Y bolted to my 95 ABA...I'm using an 8.5Lb flywheel with a 16v clutch setup. I'm wondering if I will benefit from being underdriven as well as having a light weight pully kit.

EuroSport did it on their project jetta, and they put down like 130-something hp to the wheels. As for driveability, that may be the only problem the car might be too rev-happy and it also could have idle problems.

·
10,792 Posts
Re: Lightened Flywheel + Underdriven Pully Kit? (Pagano)

How do you like the 2y - what are your impressions ?

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Lightened Flywheel + Underdriven Pully Kit? (WolfGTI)

Kickass...I made a post about it, but it's lost somewhere on page 2 or 3 about now.
1-4 is 2Y gearing, 5th I swapped out of my old CHE to a .80
Peloquin 80% Shim Kit
Peloquin Bolt Kit
8.5 Lb Flywheel
16v Clutch
It Rocks.
I'm not concerned about the rev-happyness...it's more or less drivability/functionality
As it is, at startup, my car takes about 10 seconds to "find" idle, it kind of bobs around for a bit and then hums along just below a grand. The downside to this flywheel is AC...the car struggles to run smoothly with the AC on, and if I come to a stop downshifting, the car will stall, I'm still getting used to driving with the AC and the flywheel action. Will lightened pullies make this worse?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts