VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have 4 hella 500's on my truck.
I keep blowing the relay they come with. (probably because all 4 are on one) Anyone recommend a heavier duty relay? Or am I stuck with rewiring to two relays?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Re: Lights! (dumpedmk3)

Not sure how much you want to spend...you can do it right and have an extra relay with something like the Painless Wiring kit #30107. It's ~$130 at summitracing.com.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Re: Lights! (Bolzy)

Quote, originally posted by Bolzy »
Not sure how much you want to spend...you can do it right and have an extra relay with something like the Painless Wiring kit #30107. It's ~$130 at summitracing.com.

Painless stuff is some of the most overpriced crap in the world. I have done up 2 cars with painless kits and am now doing my 72 with a non painless kit. Less than half the price of the painless 14 circuit kit, with the same amount of stuff, and just as good of wiring.
I am actually relaying the headlights on my truck, and with the cost of doing that, including all the wiring outside of the standard kit I am using, I am in maybe $25. That includes the relays, wires, connectors, and even the 20ga steel I used to form the panel they sit on. If you would like, I can send you a similar kit for $75 shipped.....

-Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.