VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm very little money to work with I was thinking about doing lightweight pulley upgrades,cam,and a chip on my aba motor.I know I can't expect a lot of hp staying n/a but. I just wanna put whatever I have to its greatest potential. In 3 weeks I'm going to englishtown to drag race against my bud's 89 corolla gts.I just wanna have a fighting chance
. Eurotuning has a pulley kit for the mk4 2.0(aeg motor?) Will those pulleys fit my aba motor?

· Registered
21,499 Posts
FV-QR

A pulley isnt going to add power, just free up some power used turning a heavier pulley. And what that gives you is a very, very slight increase in how fast your engine will rev.
If you want power, you need to let the engine breath better and give it the ability to breath more air. An intake, large cam, exhaust, and a chip is how you add cheap power. Except, its not really cheap unless you can score big-time in the classifieds.
And don't those GTS' have 135hp? You'll need at least a chip, cam full exhaust and some sort of intake upgrade to beat that.

Modified by tdogg74 at 1:37 PM 4-26-2010

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FV-QR (tdogg74)

thanks for the input. i know the pulleys dont add hp like you said i want the higher rev in between the shifts. my friends gts only puts out 115hp since its a blue top(red tops 135hp).i took him on once and he redlined at 115mph and my aba topped out at 130 @5100rpm
. i know forsure i can beat him if it was more than a quarter mile but this isnt the case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.