Registered
2,065 Posts
don't drive in reverse.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't drive in reverse.

I wasnt. I was driving forward. One PS motor mount bolt backed it's way out then the second bolt sheered off, causing the PS side of the motor to drop. Some how this cause the back of the oil pan to blow out :sly:

I replaced the pan and both motor mounts. Good as new now. Luckily I avoided any motor damage.

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
For a minute there i thought you had started dating my ex girlfriend because of the thread title. Lucky for you it's only an oil pan instead:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Sounds like the roads in PA were just the variable of this equation that discovered the problem.

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
I wasnt. I was driving forward. One PS motor mount bolt backed it's way out then the second bolt sheered off, causing the PS side of the motor to drop. Some how this cause the back of the oil pan to blow out :sly:

I replaced the pan and both motor mounts. Good as new now. Luckily I avoided any motor damage.
so who effed up, and didnt torque the mount?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like the roads in PA were just the variable of this equation that discovered the problem.
This is true. It's not the first time they've exposed a problem

so who effed up, and didnt torque the mount?
It was 100% me. The issue was that I over torques it and tripped the middle
1/2 of the threads in the intermediate mount for the bolt that backed out. So there was only 2 or 3 threads at the bottom, and at the top holding it in.

I obviously didn't find this out until I was replacing the mount after the damage was done.

I've used Heli-Coils to replace the threads in these cast-aluminum mounts before, this is exactly why.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For a minute there i though you had started dating my ex girlfriend because of the thread title. Lucky for you it's only an oil pan instead:thumbup:
This is funny because I was laughing my ass off the whole time I was changing the pan because all I could think about was sluts. Hahah

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Geez that old pan got destroyed. Glad to hear there was no engine damage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts