VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone,

Today is the day I pick up my car! I'm overly excited, for sure.

I took a few snaps last night of it sitting at the dealer, and I cannot wait to see it cleaned up tonight.

It will be immediately going on snow tires and wheels, so the Dijons will go right into storage and be fresh for spring!

Anyways, I dunno how many red SE's are out there, but I haven't seen any yet!

Post them if you have them!

I fought hard for this car. Went through a few color choices and a few cars I looked at before settling on the red, which I now love. Haven't owned a T-Red VW yet, but I will tonight!

Plans:

-Tint
-VW Pedal Caps
-Splash Guards
-Rear Bumper Protection Strip
-Some sort of Stripe/Pinstripe
-Enjoy for many miles!

I have to say I'm most excited about the fuel economy. My GTI is good, but nowhere near this. We will see how it unfolds.

Here are some pics!

I sure missed my JSW TDI, and this will fill the void much more nicely. When I bought my first 'new' VW, I wanted a particular T-Red MK5 2.5 with tan leather. This doesn't have tan, but then again tan isn't as practical for my hobbies with working on cars and all.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats! I've yet to see a red GSW on the road and the black interior was definitely a better choice. If you think the fuel economy is good now, wait until the engine breaks-in a little bit...I'm seeing 40-41mpg on the highway going 65-70mph.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Congrats.
You will also enjoy how quick the interior gets warm.
Make sure the winter rims gets a little grease on the hub areas. Skinny winter tires work well in snow.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Test the sunroof only when there is no ice on the roof - the rubber seals need some rubber preservative -Product 303 (also all rubber door seals)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Test the sunroof only when there is no ice on the roof - the rubber seals need some rubber preservative -Product 303 (also all rubber door seals)
Yup, Or any rubber conditioner works, If you read the manual it talks about doing the seals every 6 mos. or so..

My CTS was leaking water through the Door seals and this product stopped the leak dead. I was shocked how good it brought the rubber back, and how bad the rubber all ready was on the Wagon.

http://www.autoglym.com/products/products/vinyl-and-rubber-care

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Yup, Or any rubber conditioner works, If you read the manual it talks about doing the seals every 6 mos. or so..

My CTS was leaking water through the Door seals and this product stopped the leak dead. I was shocked how good it brought the rubber back, and how bad the rubber all ready was on the Wagon.

http://www.autoglym.com/products/products/vinyl-and-rubber-care
Hey Shazz

Do you think Product 303 or the Autoglym is better on the rubber parts?

I did my sunroof seals shortly after delivery and was amazed how much dust and stuff had collected in them. My GSW was built July and delivered November.

I did the interior black plastic parts with the 303 and it made them look newer than new!:p

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Ed & Shaz, I will try this stuff out!

Here's a few others I've taken so far. It has 400 miles on it (picked up with 270) and is plenty filthy already.

At home:

Night Light:

My MPG to work this morning:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations. Great colour choice! I have similar car (CDN version) 2016 TRed Comfortline with Pano and 5MT. Added the lights/grill from BECautoparts and GTI wheels to make the car as GTi as possible. I really wanted a GTi but have a large family so wagons are the only sensible option for me. All that's left is a spring set to drop the car 1.3 or so inches. Nothing to extreme.

Enjoy the car on your first weekend together!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations on your red! Mine is a Red TDI S with Beige interior that jumped me when visiting a dealer to get my GTI A/C fixed.

It is a great color of red and so far I havent seen another one on the road. From Colorado mine has been to Portland Oregon, LA and Wisconsin
and I hope you enjoy traveling in yours as well. I'm really missing the heated seats and moonroof, I think you made a good choice.

Welcome to the frat house and keep us up with your thoughts about your new ride

·
Registered
685 Posts
My first new car was a 1986 Audi 5000S Tornado Red. It is a hot red for sure. Amazing that they have not wavered from that color for thirty years!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Shazz

Do you think Product 303 or the Autoglym is better on the rubber parts?

I did my sunroof seals shortly after delivery and was amazed how much dust and stuff had collected in them. My GSW was built July and delivered November.

I did the interior black plastic parts with the 303 and it made them look newer than new!:p
I'm not too sure, then only reason I went with AutoGlmy because I found it @ Crappy Tire on sale, I'am sure all these products work very well.

My car is an April build that has been on the road since July, and I too was pretty shocked to see all the crap on the seals as well. The product really cleaned them up.
I only use the the conditioner on the seals and exterior rubber trim parts. I use a different product for the interior hard plastic.

Also, going back to the Caddy, I had a pair of wipers that where about 2 years at the time on that car, and they were starting to streak and make noise, I used some of the conditioner on the blades only, And it was like I installed brand new wipers and they lasted with no problems for 6 more mos.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congratulations. Great colour choice! I have similar car (CDN version) 2016 TRed Comfortline with Pano and 5MT. Added the lights/grill from BECautoparts and GTI wheels to make the car as GTi as possible. I really wanted a GTi but have a large family so wagons are the only sensible option for me. All that's left is a spring set to drop the car 1.3 or so inches. Nothing to extreme.

Enjoy the car on your first weekend together!
Thanks! Love the color so far, but it's already filthy. The roads here are not friendly to it. So much salt.

Loving the GTI treatment.

Congratulations on your red! Mine is a Red TDI S with Beige interior that jumped me when visiting a dealer to get my GTI A/C fixed.

It is a great color of red and so far I havent seen another one on the road. From Colorado mine has been to Portland Oregon, LA and Wisconsin
and I hope you enjoy traveling in yours as well. I'm really missing the heated seats and moonroof, I think you made a good choice.

Welcome to the frat house and keep us up with your thoughts about your new ride
I am not disappointed in myself for waiting for the right car to come along. This car looks amazing. Even the S base model is an impressive car.

I have lots of travel plans!

My first new car was a 1986 Audi 5000S Tornado Red. It is a hot red for sure. Amazing that they have not wavered from that color for thirty years!
T-Red is an awesome color, and only now have I realized it! It's actually been around for 40 years now, hasn't it? Maybe it was 1986 and not 1976. I'll have to look into it.

A red 5000S probably looks killer.

In other news, tonight it is getting dropped off for another detail job and application of rust proofing, undercoating, paint protection and interior protection. Should look amazing once again, and hopefully ward off water and dirt and rust for many years to come.

Yet again in other news, I traded in my MK6 GTI last night for a 2014 Dodge Dart GT! What a slick little car! Header Orange is the color. It's loaded. 25k miles, under $15k out the door.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Last night I dropped her off for a protection package including:

-Paint
-Interior ScotchGard
-Soundproofing
-Undercoating

Also asked them to remove the front plate bracket, remove their dealer sticker, and check out an issue where the vanity light above the passenger visor is always on.

Got chrome exhaust tips, splash guards, and pedal covers installed as well. Looking forward to seeing it! Hope it's not snowing tonight when I pick it up...

I hate a filthy new car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Excellent! The wife and I just picked up an SEL in T-Red, and are very happy with the color. Initially planned on Silk Blue, but the red won us over. Lighting package and DA package (despite our combined wishes to not have it - seems like finding an SEL, in Red, with *only* the Lighting package is difficult, to say the least), mudflaps, and monster mats.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.