VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts
Re: (Mk2enthusiast)

Quote, originally posted by Mk2enthusiast »
went up there today, track reforms are awesome.

don't know that I'd agree with that. The ability to set up a pass coming down the hill to the start/finish is now gone with the mickey mouse chicane thing at west bend

·
Registered
307 Posts
Re: (16v)

Quote, originally posted by 16v »

don't know that I'd agree with that. The ability to set up a pass coming down the hill to the start/finish is now gone with the mickey mouse chicane thing at west bend

well put. That was always the best passing zone. Besides that, the new updates are still very narrow, and the surface is very slippery. I was wrong in my post above, but only because it's so slippery the cars can't get traction to tear it up.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
Re: lime rock (Ted Brogan)

What a race!
To begin...the new surface was slippery as all hell, especially at the chicane before the downhil under the bridge. Its was marble infested and dush for the cars cutting the angles short made it worst was prime space to watch the spintastics.
I shot some video, very terrible to say the least, but it does evidence alot of passing... I thought SB did a good job with the remodel...now if only he can spend some on the facilities,..the bathroom? Ick...
The Bell Motosports DBR9 GT1...WOWZERS!!! Stunning!
The best exhaust note is 3 way tie..Ford GT, Vette & Panoz!! Everytime they passed me I thought Armageddon was coming...
Not gonna spoil it for y'all....

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Mk2enthusiast »

From a spectator's standpoint, the track is far more enjoyable as a whole.

that's a purely subjective statement that might apply to someone who never attended an event there.
I found that many of the passing zones are gone, most of the photo op sight lines are now gone (unless you're using a media credential to get trackside), and that with all the dirt moved why didn't they make more viewing mounds??? People standing 5 deep along the fence from the uphill to West Bend was

Also, drivers as well as team owners didn't appreciate the "upgrades".
of course it will be just swell for the Lime Rock Club members who just want to putter around

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Re: (16v)

Not sure what all the hubbub is about, the original line is still there for other races. An interview with Scott Sharp, he liked the course, and appreciated how smooth the track was, as well as the slower speeds entering the front strait. The previos year the lmp1 cars took the downhill at ~140mph and reached nearly 190mph on the front strait.
You should camp out, or get there earlier if the crowd bothered you, and if you noticed, there were 10x more space on the back sections for people than the previos design.
You may be a little bias to the direction the course has taken with ownership blahbiddyblah, I can sense some concern. But when it comes to driver's opinion, who did you talk to? Because all the driver's I heard seemed to approve http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,221 Posts

yea i agree, although the alms series clearly had very limited experience on the track, the new section is much safer for the drivers AND the crowd on the hill. it did seem to limit speed at the beginning, it was badass by the end when they were apexing it at 100+ and the crowd on the hill was being covered in sand.. adds to the experience. feel the burn

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Re: (.:RDriver)

well I recently got back from a press day at the autoshow NY, and was wondering how do I register one for ALMS at LimeRock, and what am i required to have to register, oh by the way, love your work..

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
Re: (Point n Shoot)

Quote, originally posted by Point n Shoot »
well I recently got back from a press day at the autoshow NY, and was wondering how do I register one for ALMS at LimeRock, and what am i required to have to register, oh by the way, love your work..

Are you asking about getting a press pass to the ALMS race?
If so, you need to contact the media department at the track. The managing editor of a legit media outlet will need to send them a letter on their letterhead explaining that you are working for them and what your duties for the weekend will be and why you need the press pass to work the race. If the track finds the request to be legit, you'll be issued the press pass.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.