VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Limerock in Nov. 2005 with SCDA ( PHOTOS!!!! )

I'm heading down to Limerock for the Nov. SCDA event. Should prove fun. I'm planning on putting a slightly larger engine in my car (I have a 1.9 liter kicking around) to get a little more power since I can see some long straights in some videos I watched yesterday (Brian's Garage.... or something like that.).
My question, for those who have driven LRP in a Rabbit, what is your top speed? The reason I ask, I also have a taller 5th gear in another tranny that I have (which already has the Quaife LSD) and might want to utilize that. Right now I have the 109 mph 5th gear (assuming 6500 rpms, but my car red lines at 7200 so I would be going faster). My other tranny tops out in the 120s [or something along those lines.... 95 mph = 4500 rpms +/-] (not that I can get up there on LRP, but at least it would be lower RPMs on the straights)
One tranny is the 4K an the other the FK.
Input on top speed at LRP in a Rabbit would be great.
Thanks.
Steve

Modified by Rabbit Farmer at 5:22 PM 11-6-2005

· Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Limerock in Nov. 2005 with SCDA (asquaredrex)

Cool. I think I will be driving my green Rabbit instead of my 1.8T Golf... unless I get my black Rabbit done, then I'll drive that. Choices-choices-choices and sooooo much work to do.

· Registered
166 Posts
Re: Limerock in Nov. 2005 with SCDA (Rabbit Farmer)

Your top speed will have very little to do with your tranny. It is more dependent on how fast you come out of the turn before the straight that is going to have the biggest impact. The faster you come out of a corner, the faster you will be going at the end of the straight.
If this is your first time on track, you won't be getting anywhere close to your car's potential.......

· Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Limerock in Nov. 2005 with SCDA (JLawton)

I was doing 95 mph at NHIS in the front straight when it was set up with both north and south chicanes.... it looks like I would be getting more speed at Limerock. This just my perception from the video I saw (Rabbit driving)? If so, then I will leave the 110 mph tranny in there.
Thanks for your input. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
14,449 Posts
Re: Limerock in Nov. 2005 with SCDA (CIAOR32)

Quote, originally posted by CIAOR32 »
Did you drop the big motor in? I will see ya in a week. Pray for no snow

Yeah, with this weather, who knows what it's going to do next week. I had a spot reserved with PDA for Sat. the 7th, but gave it up. Besides the fact that I need my weekends back, this early bad weather has me nervous and I don't want two bad track days in a row. Watkins Glen I can somewhat hadle in the rain. Limerock? Forget it.

· Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Limerock in Nov. 2005 with SCDA (dcomiskey)

The 'big motor' (and very high compression) is not in. I didn't have the time to do the swap before my last hillclimb nor Limerock (only a couple weeks apart from each other). So, I will have my wimpy LESS than 100 hp to the wheels engine in the car.... so I don't feel bad if I get passed a lot, but will feel great if I do some passing. LOL
Everything is coming out of the green Rabbit and going into another soon (after Limerock), so I will do the engine then.

My other hope is that my 1.8T will have its cage done so I can drive that instead. I already have my Toyo RA1's for it!
Steve

· Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yep. I will be bringing two friends. One to take photos since he won't be driving and the other will bring one of those slow STI thingies.

· Registered
157 Posts

No need for the 5 spd. If you got an early 4spd that is the best for LRP. When i was running the five spd I would be hitting my shift point at start finish line it was basically useless.

· Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Limerock in Nov. 2005 with SCDA (SamITC85)

Great in car video, and it has the gears shifting and top speeds of the driver in the video as he is going around the track.
http://www.limerock.com/inter_videos.htm
I think I'll shift slightly before 8000 this weekend.... like 800 below that. LOL
You get gears, speeds, G's, etc.

Modified by Rabbit Farmer at 11:29 PM 11-2-2005

· Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Good times! We had a couple of friends on-site taking pictures all day. We hope to have them up on the VermontRacing.com site soon.

Good to see an R32 (Chud) on the course. What a blast.

· Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Here are the photos we took:
(1) http://www.VermontRacing.com / Select Photos / Select Track / Select image of my Rabbit and Subbie STI for the 04-Nov-2005 event.
(2) ftp://24.52.16.130/
select Track Events and then select either Limerock Pictures or Limerock Videos (in-car in the Inter. 1 STI and two 'S' turn video clips)
(3) http://caddis.middlebury.edu/g..._2005
Enjoy!
Steve

Modified by Rabbit Farmer at 6:27 AM 11-6-2005

Modified by Rabbit Farmer at 6:29 AM 11-6-2005

Modified by Rabbit Farmer at 6:30 AM 11-6-2005

· Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Limerock in Nov. 2005 with SCDA (dcomiskey)

Yep, I did notice that. Tim got confused with month vs. day of the month. What do you want for free help? I posted the wrong year many times. LOL
Did I mention it was a fun event!?!?!?

· Registered
1,524 Posts

Yes...great time... Ian and crew put on a great event...I had the green Mercedes sedan btw.
Sure wish the Scirocco was up for the task instead this time. I beat up the old dawg pretty good...needed to be let loose though. Fat slob that he is !! The radiator broke during the second session but I was able to drive home luckily (high pressure leak)
I was hitting close 120 mph at the end of the main straight...this on fairly new street tires and little OE brembos with a set of EBC greens. About the same as what the Scirocco will get up to at the end too. Funny thing about power/weight ratios.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.