VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My TDI sat in a very dusty garage while it was getting some rust on it fixed for nearly a month. After I got it out it was accelerating very slowly and felt like it was in 3rd gear the entire time. Although cycling through the gears manually (this is an automatic) works fine and the car accelerates very good when I do it manually.

I had run a error code scan a while back before the shop and the MAF sensor was already sending troublecodes but the car wasn't in limp yet. Now I suspect its the MAF and I recently discovered the tubing that goes from Air Filter to the intake isn't actually even locked in place, literally I can pull it off with 1 finger.

So I'm thinking paint particulate/1 months worth of dust have gotten into the MAF.

I'm trying to unplug the MAF but I can't seem to find the proper way to do it. I was thinking that if I just removed power to the MAF and the car ran fine, that would be the trouble point then. So is there any advice on how to just remove power to the MAF?

Will give you 9001 cookies if you help me plx

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
Just unplug the MAF and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.