VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone replaced the CR2032 battery in the key fob with a LIR2032 battery? The CR2032 battery has an output voltage of 3V while the LIR2032 has an output of 3.7 V. I want to try the LIR2032 because it is rechargeable.

The battery maker says it should be okay though I just wanted to check if someone has tried it.
"The withstand voltage for most Electronic Components are more than 4.8V, Therefore these 3.7V rechargeable lir2032 batteries can replace 3v cr2032 perfectly without any harm to your device. If your device is very Sophisticated and expensive, Please use according to the professional instruction.
This rechargeable 2032 battery is widely used in airtag, watches, calculators, Key Fob, mainboard, weight scales, mini and fairy string lights, LED candle light, pedometers, and more."
Source: https://tinyurl.com/lirbattery

Thanks,
Sharath

·
Registered
'11 GOV (AJ) TDI 6MT
328 Posts
Sure, you can probably do that, but why ? The CR2032 cells in our Audi & VW fobs last a (very) long time compared to other devices that use these cells (I replaced the cell in my wife's A4 fob from 2018 only recently) and the cost of these from many on-line vendors is under $1 a cell. I can see using the rechargeable style in some of the other applications noted in your post (e.g., calculators, weight scales, pedometers/fitbits, LED lights, and so on). --g

1 - 3 of 3 Posts