VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
stage 2 and downpipe

I am convinced that the p0141is due to an exhaust leak, I am going to get my downpipe refitted and see if it works, everyone is trying to tell me it's a bad sensor somewhere but the problem started when I got the downpipe and I can hear the leak from underneath just going to try this next and see if I am any closer to narrowing it down

Any recent updates on the unitronics stage 2????

·
Registered
90 Posts
Autowerkes DP and Uni stage 2. Stage 2 cost me a clutch at 20k total miles. Torque is great when the CEL is not lit. Pulls nice from 2000rpm to 5000rpm! Still plagued with intermittent CEL(once every 2 days) P0420 cat efficiency below threshold and P0141 O2 sensor B1S2 heater malfunction. So far tried new O2 sensor without success. Harness is ok. O2 sensor spacers only worsened the P0401 CEL occurence but got rid of P0420. I'll try relocating the #2 sensor and install a mini cat spacer. Someone got a solution for these dtc??

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Autowerkes DP and Uni stage 2. Stage 2 cost me a clutch at 20k total miles. Torque is great when the CEL is not lit. Pulls nice from 2000rpm to 5000rpm! Still plagued with intermittent CEL(once every 2 days) P0420 cat efficiency below threshold and P0141 O2 sensor B1S2 heater malfunction. So far tried new O2 sensor without success. Harness is ok. O2 sensor spacers only worsened the P0401 CEL occurence but got rid of P0420. I'll try relocating the #2 sensor and install a mini cat spacer. Someone got a solution for these dtc??
You may want to start a new thread explaining this so you can have more eyes on your issue than an aftermarket parts thread. Someone may have a solution for you.

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Parts are still not as plentiful as I'd like, but it comes with the territory for this engine and car. I recently installed a JB4. It is amazing. Such a great investment. I bought the optional data cable, so now I can log and adjust map settings straight from my phone. 15 minute install for over 30 WHP...
https://burgertuning.com/products/group-10-jb4-for-vw-audi-seat-skoda-ea211-1-2-1-4-tfsi-tsi-beta

I bought a stiffer dogbone mount to play along with the JB4

I bought the Racingline drop-in air filter. It's 3 layer foam, oiled. I don't recommend it. I liked it at first, but after the first 10K, i went to clean it. It's already falling apart a little bit. Nowhere important but still not great. The cleaning and re-oiling process in a huge pain, takes over 24 hrs and requires a cleaning kit not easily available. I also had no idea how much oil to actually apply and I think I over-oiled it. I haven't fixed it because I don't want to do the entire process again.
Does anyone make a dry panel filter for our engine?

Ended up buying this today. I made my own piping from the airbox to the turbo to get rid of the stock pipe. Then I saw this and it's much better looking, is smoother, and has one from the grill to the airbox. I'm gonna put the K&N in and see if there's a difference between it and my Racingline.

EBC Red Stuff brake pads is always a no-brainer to me.

Other things out there that I'll get over time:

Koni STR.T struts
Racingline springs
Rear sway bar
Short shifter ( https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...-speed-manual-transmissions/016286ecs01-01~a/ )
South Bend Clutch Stage 2 clutch with flywheel (get rid of the dual mass flywheel)

Stuff I won't buy:

Cold air intake. I hate that I have spent almost $200 on my intake system, but it's still cheaper than an intake and I genuinely believe that my setup is more practical and effective at all RPMs and speeds

Cat-Back. Just too expensive. AWE is nice, but that a lot of money. Not to mention that the projected gains are from a different engine than ours. I built my own for under $350

Final note ECS is a great place to see what's out there, but then Google search the manufacturer's Part#. ECS isn't always cheapest. I trust and like them, but I still shop around.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts