VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had mine peak at 3-4.5k holding 21-22 psi and taper off to 15 around 5k. My car has 77k on it also. Has anyone ran a log on map 2 to see if it really does hit 24? I have a custom map on map 6 from George at jb4 he sent me. I was messing with it from there but set it back to what he had sent me after my turbo started making noise. It's not consistent though, only happens at the 19psi mark right now. I'll get some log files and post them here. But as of now it runs like a raped ape.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been looking at the hybrid turbo site for awhile now, just skeptical how much hp I'm going to get for the almost 2 grand it takes to get it here from overseas, need to install intake temp gauge first to make sure after install im not running too hot

·
Registered
31 Posts
Stage 1 plus tune review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that was my review on my car haha going stage 2 today with the auto werkes dp. They said due to the catalytic converter they use you should see closer to 200hp and 260tq I'm faster than a mk6 gli but slightly slower up top than a mk7 gti dsg performance pack stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself. I have a 2016 jetta 1.4l auto. The only thing I have done so far is installed a Injen cold air intake. I am really interested in going with the Unitronic Uniconnect for the tune, And gunna order the down pipe this weekend. What is the best exhaust system you guys have seen or are running? Thank you and I'm super excited to learn more about 1.4l mods or The few we do have! Haha

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself. I have a 2016 jetta 1.4l auto. The only thing I have done so far is installed a Injen cold air intake. I am really interested in going with the Unitronic Uniconnect for the tune, And gunna order the down pipe this weekend. What is the best exhaust system you guys have seen or are running? Thank you and I'm super excited to learn more about 1.4l mods or The few we do have! Haha
i just put a catless downpipe on mine , and i even added a second muffler to my existing single muffler custom system, its now loud as f, if i were you, i would get the downpipe installed with the factory exhaust and a tune, see how that works for you. fwiw, the downpipe will def add alot of sound. i do plan on replacing my rear flowmaster with a quieter turbo muffler to see if that will help. hope this helps you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Installed unitronic catted downpipe today, no different sound, still quiet with stock exhaust but definitely gained alot of torque, car yanks you to the right when it shifts gears at full throttle, will be giving a stage 2 review in the next few days

·
Registered
338 Posts
is there any more info on this?

they showed the turbo, any info on upgraded internals/manifold/intercooler/piping? I'm quite curious on the parts and cost on this one!
That looks like the older twin charged 1.4. Which would make sense given the claimed power figures.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
That looks like the older twin charged 1.4. Which would make sense given the claimed power figures.

Sadly it’s is the older twin charged . However RTMG made 230HP with only 0.8 Bar of boost on a 1.4Tsi with a GtX 2860r turbo. Not bad considering the boost and the HP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sadly it’s is the older twin charged . However RTMG made 230HP with only 0.8 Bar of boost on a 1.4Tsi with a GtX 2860r turbo. Not bad considering the boost and the HP.

I'm curious what the full potential of the 1.4T would be if there were upgraded engine internals with a new intake manifold, perhaps plasma igniters.... everyone says go 2.0! Hell, might as well drop in a V6 twin turbo if there's room.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm curious what the full potential of the 1.4T would be if there were upgraded engine internals with a new intake manifold, perhaps plasma igniters.... everyone says go 2.0! Hell, might as well drop in a V6 twin turbo if there's room.
VR6 Jetta would be SICK

·
Registered
338 Posts
Installed unitronic catted downpipe today, no different sound, still quiet with stock exhaust but definitely gained alot of torque, car yanks you to the right when it shifts gears at full throttle, will be giving a stage 2 review in the next few days
Any updates on the stage 2 tune?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any updates on the stage 2 tune?

Having some issues with the car after dp install and tune, about $500 into investigating it and still havent found the problem, car is running lean, will update after issues are resolved

141 - 160 of 190 Posts