VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Having some issues with the car after dp install and tune, about $500 into investigating it and still havent found the problem, car is running lean, will update after issues are resolved
Exhaust leak? Check around the o2 sensor and the clamp mounting the dp to the turbo, might need retorqued or refitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Exhaust leak? Check around the o2 sensor and the clamp mounting the dp to the turbo, might need retorqued or refitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

That's the next thing I have to check, changed all coils and plugs
Changed o2 sensor
Checked for vaccum leaks and have had no luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Any update on your car for the lean condition?

I got a 2016 Jetta 1.4tsi and went Stage 1+ at 10k km. I upgraded to Stage 2 maybe 2 months ago, at 30k km, with oem downpipe. Had a cel at this time. Changed brake booster vacuum pump and his relay. Had no other issue. Bought and installed Autowerkes catted downpipe last week at 34k km. Fitting was horrible. 1 foot short of the middle pipe and wrong angle at the end... Had to modify to make it fit to oem exhaust... I lengthened it with a vibrant quiet flow and saw no difference in tone. Only hearing the turbo whistle a bit more. Had a P0420 after dp install so bought a o2 sensor spacer and cel did not come back.
I feels the gains going from stage 1+ to stage 2 were the same as going from oem dp to Autowerkes dp.

I also bought a Unitronic cold Air intake last summer... the extra hp's were noticeable but it felt as if low end torque was a lot less impressive. Turbo lag was longer too. I then sold the CAI and installed pipercross foam filter instead. Oem air filter housing is more than sufficient for this engine.

Very satisfied overall. Clutch seems to be holding well for now. Really love the low end torque.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any update on your car for the lean condition?

I got a 2016 Jetta 1.4tsi and went Stage 1+ at 10k km. I upgraded to Stage 2 maybe 2 months ago, at 30k km, with oem downpipe. Had a cel at this time. Changed brake booster vacuum pump and his relay. Had no other issue. Bought and installed Autowerkes catted downpipe last week at 34k km. Fitting was horrible. 1 foot short of the middle pipe and wrong angle at the end... Had to modify to make it fit to oem exhaust... I lengthened it with a vibrant quiet flow and saw no difference in tone. Only hearing the turbo whistle a bit more. Had a P0420 after dp install so bought a o2 sensor spacer and cel did not come back.
I feels the gains going from stage 1+ to stage 2 were the same as going from oem dp to Autowerkes dp.

I also bought a Unitronic cold Air intake last summer... the extra hp's were noticeable but it felt as if low end torque was a lot less impressive. Turbo lag was longer too. I then sold the CAI and installed pipercross foam filter instead. Oem air filter housing is more than sufficient for this engine.

Very satisfied overall. Clutch seems to be holding well for now. Really love the low end torque.
You had the Unitronic stage 2 tune before you installed the downpipe?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update: changed rear o2 sensor and lean code went away but performance and gas mileage still very bad added o2 spacer to rear o2 sensor and p0420 code went off for about 200 miles and then I had a p0141 code pop up. Removed o2 spacer and engine light went off for about 40 miles and now i have a engine light on again that i have to check but i am getting the worst gas mileage I've ever gotten got 22mpg today on a drive that I normally would get 38 on (just daily driving). I've had it up to here with this damn thing, almost $1000 into this issue and still have no answers

·
Registered
90 Posts
Update: changed rear o2 sensor and lean code went away but performance and gas mileage still very bad added o2 spacer to rear o2 sensor and p0420 code went off for about 200 miles and then I had a p0141 code pop up. Removed o2 spacer and engine light went off for about 40 miles and now i have a engine light on again that i have to check but i am getting the worst gas mileage I've ever gotten got 22mpg today on a drive that I normally would get 38 on (just daily driving). I've had it up to here with this damn thing, almost $1000 into this issue and still have no answers
I'm in for more too... I got a P0141 O2 sensor heater DTC since I installed the O2 sensor spacer... I erase it and it comes back up every 2 driving cycles. However my gas mileage has not changed a bit. What kind of O2 spacer are you using? I got the vibrant one, with restrictor and angled. I installed it with the smallest restrictor. I'll try a shorter spacer with larger restrictor soon...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in for more too... I got a P0141 O2 sensor heater DTC since I installed the O2 sensor spacer... I erase it and it comes back up every 2 driving cycles. However my gas mileage has not changed a bit. What kind of O2 spacer are you using? I got the vibrant one, with restrictor and angled. I installed it with the smallest restrictor. I'll try a shorter spacer with larger restrictor soon...
I am convinced that the p0141is due to an exhaust leak, I am going to get my downpipe refitted and see if it works, everyone is trying to tell me it's a bad sensor somewhere but the problem started when I got the downpipe and I can hear the leak from underneath just going to try this next and see if I am any closer to narrowing it down

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still pretty new I'm the first one in north America running it. From my previous conversations with them they had only done overseas tuning for the 1.4 till i had approached them. Long story short if you call Or e-mail them they can hook you up.
Now as far as the stage 2 and down pipe i live 25 mins away from there head office come oct they will be using my car to bring a highflow down pipe to market along with stage 2 software
If anyone is interested i can provide emails etc

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m selling my intake and dump valve kit if anyone is interested, if you’re tuned you’d get the best performance out of the parts. And I see companies are now making a downpipe so almost full bolt on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’m selling my intake and dump valve kit if anyone is interested, if you’re tuned you’d get the best performance out of the parts. And I see companies are now making a downpipe so almost full bolt on.
You have any pics?

161 - 180 of 190 Posts