VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear you cant do much to a scirocco. I have the mkII 1988 16v. What kind of mods can i do for this car?
Could someone give me a site for like an exhaust, intake, basic boltons like that...
And maybe some links to more advanced mods? On c3cars.com all they have is suspesion and its not even for the second generation scirocco.
So if you guys could give me a simple list of some mods you can do/have done along with a link to a site where i can get that part, i would appreciate it. Ive looked all over the internet and havent found a thing except for, like i said earlier, suspension and wheels...

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Re: List of mods? (RabidRabbit84)

Quote, originally posted by RabidRabbit84 »
I hear you cant do much to a scirocco.

someone never told these rocco owners...

and the list goes on...

parts are rare and some expensive - but hey - it's worth it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: List of mods? (rockin16v)

what a shame...those first 2 roccos were ruined...that first one looks like some Japanese Rice....lights on the second one dont look good at all..however i do like the red rocco with the suicide doors. i like those rims. The blue one is pretty hot too...
However, im looking for a place to get performance parts, not looks...

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

TechtonicsTuning.com (header/exhaust/cams)
EurosportAcc.com (shortshift/exhaust/header/etc.)
Autotech.com (cams/exhaust)
JsHouseOfEuro (CF Hoods, etc.)
Part4VWs.com
Scirocco Classifieds section on vortex
Scirocco.org (go to the links section)

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

you can do....
exhaust/header/cams/valve springs/suspension/lightened flywheel/unorthodox lightened pullies/50mm intake or ITBs/or carbs/

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: List of mods? (backburner)

Hey...thanks a lot backburner. i appreciate it man...That info really helps...I will try and get those parts and get some pics up of the car.
Once again, thanks a lot
appreciate it very much

·
Registered
620 Posts

Quote, originally posted by RabidRabbit84 »
however i do like the red rocco with the suicide doors.

Those arn't suicide doors, them be switchblade doors? wings? something to that effect. Suicide doors are doors that open towords the rear of the car instead of towords the front of the car.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: List of mods? (Beowulf-X)

Arent suicide doors any doors that open different then a door should normally open?
so like it could open down, up, back, out, whatever, and it would be called suicide
oh well, doesnt really matter..just tryin to get my facts straight

·
Registered
105 Posts

I'm in the same boat, I have my scirocco but I don't know what mods to do. I've had the car for 7 years and it's starting to loose it's life. I wanted to know if it would be the same cost to swap in a G60 as apposed to a rebuild and upgrade?

·
Registered
10,668 Posts
Re: List of mods? (rockin16v)

Quote, originally posted by rockin16v »

omfg... please someone shoot me. as if everyone needed to see THAT god****** pic of that rocco once again http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
And as far as what you can do to a rocco? The limit is the sky (unless you dont have a lot of money
)

Modified by the_mad_rabbit at 10:35 PM 2-12-2004

·
Banned
2,178 Posts
Re: List of mods? (the_mad_rabbit)

history note:*suicide doors*
they were very common on older car, as it made entry into the vehicle easier. They were dubbed suicide doors because when you opened them up and somone side-swiped you, your chances of survivng were small to none (door closes in on your body etc etc)
hence why they are NOT street legal in most areas.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Re: List of mods? (RoccinStrybs84)

check my web site in the tech notes section plenty of mods for your car to be had.

·
Registered
895 Posts

Quote, originally posted by backburner »
you can do....
exhaust/header/cams/valve springs/suspension/lightened flywheel/unorthodox lightened pullies/50mm intake or ITBs/or carbs/

OR you can start with a motor on a stand, put new (dished) pistons into the new (larger) bore, button everything up via ARP, grab that T3 turbo thats been burning a hole in your stack of turbos
, and get a nice rail, injectors and sds, and THEN think about how little you can mod your car. people assume that just because its not japanese, or just because there isnt a blaring after market for your car, that there are few modifications you can do. for some people, if you cant get it at pepboys, and bolt it on with your motegi tool kit, then its a waste of time, money and effort. where as if you are a true gear head, the challenge of having to truly piece together your project, and be innovative with your approach is the real reward.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts