VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was looking at a new GLI I noticed that there BBS rims are dull not polished like the ones on a 337. Anyone else seen this? Or any GLI guys out there hae polished BBS wheels? It is someting nice to know for future in case you dent a rim like a post i saw earlier...

· Registered
2,000 Posts
Re: Little something I noticed at a show yesterday.. (Gr8mafy)

duh
the new GLI rims are painted, and also the rims on the 337 are not polished, they have a shot pinned finish. They did this to avoid having the same problems and complaints they were having with the shot pinned finished rims (i.e the 337 rc's)

· Registered
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Little something I noticed at a show yesterday.. (GLI_1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by GLI_1.8T »
duh
the new GLI rims are painted, and also the rims on the 337 are not polished, they have a shot pinned finish. They did this to avoid having the same problems and complaints they were having with the shot pinned finished rims (i.e the 337 rc's)

You know, i dont sit there and stare at rims, maybe you do
. BTW most of the time im deployed during the year, so reading material that comes and goes I dont get to see. Yesterday was the first time I actually looked at the rims up close, only because I thought they were the same. Thanks for the info, you are the one that is
wannabe...next time get a 337 instead of getting the knock off.

· Registered
1,086 Posts
Re: (gli_freak)

Quote, originally posted by GLI_1.8T »
duh

I not so sure they did it to avoid the "pitting " problem (which seems to have skipped my car) but more to save money as the GLI RCs (drivers gear) cost less than the 337 RCs.
Quote, originally posted by gli_freak »
This is true...however my RC's say 337 on them.

Weird.. mine say 336..lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.