VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to work today when I noticed that the ride was getting very hard. So I get to work and take a look around to notice that my front drivers side wheel is tucked right up to the wheel well. I took a look up into the well and I can see the spring is compressed right up into the housing. Pop the hood, strut mount is still good. So, it is super cold here right now and I'm guessing that maybe it froze with all the snow and ice buildup, but now I have the car in a heated garage and it still won't pop up. Sooooo, has the strut lost all pressure? (oh ya, even under force the strut won't release, it stays fully compressed.) Kurt (hamster) told me that ablown strut bounces, but this is just locked in place. Whats up???
I may be getting my Weitec's earlier than I thought.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Re: Living the low life, but only with one wheel. (Fettes Brot)

eep.. hopefully nothings damaged..
It sort of happened to me once..
I was driving around in some sluchy stuff packing it into the wheelwhells..
I parked the car for the night and the next morning I had NO suspension.. and I couldnt turn the wheel.. and I was most afraid that I would rip a cv boot off if I even moved the car.
so I left it till it melted.
great story huh?

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Re: Living the low life, but only with one wheel. (The_Hamster)

quote:[HR][/HR]when the hell does it get that cold in vancouver!!?!??![HR][/HR]​
That was before I moved to Vancouver.
It happened when I lived in the West Kootenay Region of BC. (up in the mountains)

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Re: Living the low life, but only with one wheel. (lyledriver)

Southern Ontario is still waiting for snow, it's like freaking spring here, the grass is green, weird stuff... were normally full of it by now, hell we normally have snow on Halloween.

·
Banned
3,321 Posts
Re: Living the low life, but only with one wheel. (lowblackdub)

quote:[HR][/HR]Southern Ontario is still waiting for snow, it's like freaking spring here, the grass is green, weird stuff... were normally full of it by now, hell we normally have snow on Halloween.[HR][/HR]​
you're just saying that to piss me off right, we justgot a snow storm with icy rain this week!!!i didn 't have elecricity from friday at noon to saturday evening. it wa so cold friday night

·
Registered
394 Posts
Re: Living the low life, but only with one wheel. (mk2jetta)

We got snow here in Ottawa last week, but It's not around this week, my grass is green!

I love it, hope we have no winter at all!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Living the low life, but only with one wheel. (SuperDaveMK2)

Here in New-Brunswick we had a little bit of snow but its all gone now
hehehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts