VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been able to get my LM-1 to upload the recorded data to my computer. It acts like there isnt a serial device at all. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Re: LM-1 problem (BubonicCorrado)

When you start the LM1 software it brings up a little box saying something like "please connect LM1," when you connect the cable does the box go away? I smell COM port issues.. I'll get back to you later today.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: LM-1 problem (StevenT)

No, I have tried it on two computers 1 of which is a Vag-com\Revo dealers laptop (uses the comp port frequently), as well as my PC (brand spanking new)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

What type of laptops did you try the LM-1 on?
Some Dell ultra portables and Compaq laptops have lame COM ports..

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: LM-1 problem (I am Jack's VR6)

yeah I did... I had the manual pulled up on the computer screen, and I was trying to figure the damn thing out all at the same time... oh well, I'm sure I am doing something stupid, that I continously overlook, and then when I do figure it out I will feel like an ass [/abridged story of my life]

·
Registered
4,138 Posts

Quote, originally posted by BubonicCorrado »
I have never been able to get my LM-1 to upload the recorded data to my computer. It acts like there isnt a serial device at all. Any ideas?

I am really bad about not reading directions...all I did was load the CD ROM, install the software, recorded a few runs and then hooked up the COM cable and BAM it saw the device, and I uploaded the recorded data...was really straight forward...
Perhaps read the instructions again or call Innovate, Cort is very cool and helpful. I can also try to help but I think they are the best source.
-Rich

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

The LM1 software automatically scans the available COM ports, that's why I said it was a COM port issue. Is everything working fine now? I'm assuming you put the cable in the "serial port" one instead of the "aux in" one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts