VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice company name. I'll have to consult with our attorney.

Cheers
hello russ,
thank you very much for complementing on my company name. I have to say your company name is very nice also… this is a very universal name in europe raderwerks means rader plant. I welcome you to call your attorney and proceed as needed. This is my company name and i have to say it’s very different compared to yours:
Dub raderwerks - e-üro miester stil
thanks brother and wish the best business

· Banned
10,995 Posts
A term being universal has nothing to do with usage infringement. The fact is that you are running a WHEEL company using a name that has already been established in the same industry. If you were selling radars using the name it's a different story as it's not a similar industry.

That would be like you saying to FACEBOOK that the term "face book" is a common term but I am going to name my social network that anyway.

You are capitalizing on an established name and that my friend is an issue.

· Registered
6,663 Posts
agreed, I came in to this thread thinking they were going to be a new set of raderwerks wheels not "dub"raderwerks. Use some creativity when coming up with a name for your next company name. :thumbdown:

· Registered
'21 Ranger Tremor, '19 MX-5 Club BBR, '21 Ducati Hypermotard
44,477 Posts
agreed, I came in to this thread thinking they were going to be a new set of raderwerks wheels not "dub"raderwerks. Use some creativity when coming up with a name for your next company name. :thumbdown:
Dub Raderwerks have fun with that cease and desist letter. I also thought these were Raderwerks wheels until I saw his post. The center caps by far make it the worst.

· Registered
156 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what we have here is actually a triple rep wheel? I think DUB is also already a wheel company...
Yes, Dub brand is a brand under MHT.

They should have added ESM and BBS in their name.

I think all these new companies are just buying the same reps and putting their center caps in them. All of the newest LM reps look the same.

· Registered
6,663 Posts
that is what they are doing. there is a chinese manufactuer of the wheels and they are putting thier centercaps on them and putting them in thier boxes. its nothing new. anyone can start a replica wheel company, you just need the cash to make the first order and be able to promote them. when it gets expensive is when you start making your own.

· Registered
'21 Ranger Tremor, '19 MX-5 Club BBR, '21 Ducati Hypermotard
44,477 Posts
Yes, Dub brand is a brand under MHT.

They should have added ESM and BBS in their name.

I think all these new companies are just buying the same reps and putting their center caps in them. All of the newest LM reps look the same.
that is what they are doing. there is a chinese manufactuer of the wheels and they are putting thier centercaps on them and putting them in thier boxes. its nothing new. anyone can start a replica wheel company, you just need the cash to make the first order and be able to promote them. when it gets expensive is when you start making your own.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.