VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I brought some of my lighting with me again last night, and thought you'd all enjoy some highlights from the night.

Someone help me out on this one. Old Land Rover wagon, though I'm not sure the exact year/model:

Gutted fun:

Sorry Domino's...

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
24,211 Posts
please tell me there's more. :popcorn:
Thinking the same thing. I was a kid when that thing was a rally monster, and I've always loved them.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only other one I snapped of it. It's really difficult to stay in one place for a while to shoot a single car, seeing as there are so many people and cars moving around. Also lugging around light stands, etc., makes it more challenging! :D

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I brought some of my lighting with me again last night, and thought you'd all enjoy some highlights from the night.

Someone help me out on this one. Old Range Rover wagon, though I'm not sure the exact year/model:
Early Series II Land Rover, hard to identify further without seeing a side profile or interior shots.. Range Rovers didn't come into being until the late 70's fwiw.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Early Series II Land Rover, hard to identify further without seeing a side profile or interior shots.. Range Rovers didn't come into being until the late 70's fwiw.
Ahh I meant Land Rover. Thanks for the correction. Only other one I snapped of it:

Missing a lug nut?

/negativity
I don't think it is. I looked close at the front wheel, and it's got some standard nuts and chromed longer nuts. I think he's got the same going on in the rear. Just mismatched parts.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I believe those longer Rovers are the 109's. There's also the 110 and I don't know the difference. Curious about that yellow circle on the left fender, though. Later Defenders had their headlights mounted there, but this one only has the hole covered on one side and no hole on the other.

EDIT: Your pictures look great :thumbup: Where was this meet? Interested in info if there will be future ones

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why use external lighting and not long exposure since they are basically just parked cars...?

I am not a strobist, though.

Great photos! Love the VSP wheel one.
Okay, so here goes the shortest explanation I can give! The lights in parking lots and streets around here are sodium vapor lights. Orange/yellow. Very specific wavelength that cannot be corrected, even in RAW. Here's what they normally look like:

That being said, I've done lots of great B&W with long exposure in the space, like so:

You can see in the background of some of the strobe lit photos that it's still very dim as well as yellow. It's crap light. My strobes are just fun to play with as well! See this example...yellow!

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice pics!
Thank you!

Op, your pics are incredible, as always! I need to make it to one of these meets.
Thanks! It's always an interesting time and mix of cars. Lots of...youth. But hey, we all started somewhere. :thumbup:

I believe those longer Rovers are the 109's. There's also the 110 and I don't know the difference. Curious about that yellow circle on the left fender, though. Later Defenders had their headlights mounted there, but this one only has the hole covered on one side and no hole on the other.

EDIT: Your pictures look great :thumbup: Where was this meet? Interested in info if there will be future ones
Awesome. I just don't know old vehicles that well, let alone Land Rovers.

Meet is in Temecula, CA and is held at random times...though always on a Tuesday night. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
So since SoCal is kind of enormous, whereabouts did this take place at?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.