VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

· Registered
11,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving to Bellevue in about a month and am heavily involved in local clubs down here in SATX.... i did some searching on the internet and checked out the FAQs here, but all i see is air-cooled stuff OR half-assed regional groups for the ENTIRE pac nw.... nothing Seattle-specific.
Is there one, do they have a site/forums? Any help would be appreciated, need to find some dub heads to hang out with when i get up there! oh and i don't discriminate, i like all german metals.

no rice.

· Registered
49,804 Posts
Re: Local Seattle Euro Clubs? (banzaimf)

during the summer there can be as much as 2 - 4 gtg's a week.. a show or more every month, and a cruise or other large event in between each show. There were two gtg's just tonight I believe.
clubs otoh.. meh. There aren't really any 'clubs' around here. We all just kind of hang out on the PNW forum and BS with each other until a GTG is announced, then we go hang out there and BS, and then we come back to the vortex afterwards and BS. You get the idea.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
7,794 Posts
Re: (BabyFoodYellowGTI)

Quote, originally posted by BabyFoodYellowGTI »

LOL

/grabs popcorn

Congrats on getting out of Texas! Best thing I ever did. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
12,506 Posts
Re: (wRek)

only steers and queers come form texas..hope you got horns

there usually is something going on on the time, i offer shop nites down in tacoma every wednesday night also..so not to far from where you are gonna be..

· Registered
11,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (The Prime Ministah)

heh, i'm going to get along with you guys just fine.

i am not FROM texas, i was stationed here, military. and yeah i don't care for texas all that much. I'm separating and i'm originally from Miami.... but i figured Seattle would be a nice place to live, so i'm going to try it out. look forward to meeting up with you guys

· Registered
417 Posts
Granted this is unless things have changed dramatically in the last four months since i left seattle. First off it is similar to Strictlyea due to the fact that there are a lot of younger members who like to do juvinille things occasionally. Second of all it is very clanish. There are about three people who will talk to you and be friendly. I found this odd because washington is a very friendly state. I say worthless because this group posts are vortex to get a large showing and then is not welcoming of new people who want to show up. I thought it was me and my charming personality that drove them away but two of my former roomates and a buddy of mine went and said that not only did it feel like high school but that everyone was not so friendly. Granted I have seen some cool things there but i don't think it is a fair representation of what seattle has to offer in the was of volkwagen and their owners. Just like strictlyea is not a good representation of german enthusiasts in san antonio. And unlike the strictlyea meets the weekly gtg never end at a cool bar. And i didn't bash. I should have explained morth in depth what i ment. I fail to understand your implied statement regarding the location of objects in my mouth.

Modified by abbeybluegti at 4:55 PM 8-18-2006

· Registered
11,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (Us2bA4dr)

Quote, originally posted by Us2bA4dr »
there usually is something going on on the time, i offer shop nites down in tacoma every wednesday night also..so not to far from where you are gonna be..

shop nights? are those like mod/detail days type things? that's pretty sweet man.... thanks for the heads up. i am SURE i'll need help with my next big project

· Registered
7,794 Posts
Re: (BabyFoodYellowGTI)

Quote, originally posted by BabyFoodYellowGTI »
heh, i'm going to get along with you guys just fine.

i am not FROM texas, i was stationed here, military. and yeah i don't care for texas all that much. I'm separating and i'm originally from Miami.... but i figured Seattle would be a nice place to live, so i'm going to try it out. look forward to meeting up with you guys

This is definitely a fun area.
The people are MUCH more friendly than the people in Texas. The dub scene is cool, even if most of us are ***holes.
The winter weather kinda sucks, but the summer/fall completely makes up for it. I've lived in Washington for 3 years, and I love it. I spent 9 years in Texas when I was younger, and I hated every minute of it.

· Registered
11,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (abbeybluegti)

Quote, originally posted by abbeybluegti »
Granted this is unless things have changed dramatically in the last four months since i left seattle. First off it is similar to Strictlyea due to the fact that there are a lot of younger members who like to do juvinille things occasionally. Second of all it is very clanish. There are about three people who will talk to you and be friendly. I found this odd because washington is a very friendly state. I say worthless because this group posts are vortex to get a large showing and then is not welcoming of new people who want to show up. I thought it was me and my charming personality that drove them away but two of my former roomates and a buddy of mine went and said that not only did it feel like high school but that everyone was not so friendly. Granted I have seen some cool things there but i don't think it is a fair representation of what seattle has to offer in the was of volkwagen and their owners. Just like strictlyea is not a good representation of german enthusiasts in san antonio. And unlike the strictlyea meets the weekly gtg never end at a cool bar. And i didn't bash. I should have explained morth in depth what i ment. I fail to understand your implied statement regarding the location of objects in my mouth.

well thanks for the heads up..... i, however, am an extrovert and will introduce myself to everyone and i get along with everyone.... so i'll give it a shot. and SEA didn't have the bar nights after the GTGs until i came and started them.
i'll be a pioneer! lol

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.