VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be buying a Cup kit for my Mk 3 Jetta in the very near future. I was wondering if there are any local dealers who would sell it at a good price. The best I've found so far is $624 for the H&R Kit.
-J

· Registered
11,806 Posts
Re: Local Suspension Dealers (jhayesvw)

How is the Weitec Jeremy? I had only heard of them up till about a week ago and now everyone is talking me out of H&R into a Weitec kit. Did the kit come with dampers?

· Registered
7,809 Posts
Re: Local Suspension Dealers (slowgolf20)

Weitec = made by KW = quality stuff. I have it on my car...though I found out I have the 2.0L kit (wrong spring rate
). Good news though--I've had it for a year or so and it hasn't been that objectionable. I've got my eye on Weitec coils now though...

· Registered
11,806 Posts
Re: Local Suspension Dealers (Jettin2ClassVR6)

So no rubbage on driveshafts? All the kits I see say no more than a 1.4 inch drop or you will need sway bars, true?? false??

· Registered
7,809 Posts
Re: Local Suspension Dealers (VdubVr6PowR)

umm...I think you've seen the most recent that have been snapped. Jeremy wants to do another front end shot for some lame reason.... It's just another white Jetta.
Any chance I could go for a ride in yours to see what they feel like in comparison?

· Registered
7,809 Posts
Re: Local Suspension Dealers (jhayesvw)

Dude--Shut up
I'm going to have to report your post to a moderator to be edited now

Modified by Jettin2ClassVR6 at 10:14 PM 9-12-2005
I've made some minor changes to the front since this pic:

Modified by Jettin2ClassVR6 at 10:16 PM 9-12-2005

· Registered
5,792 Posts
Re: Local Suspension Dealers (...countblah...)

Quote, originally posted by ...countblah... »
Weitec CO's are $820
H&R CO's are about $1250

Which is better though!? Is the $400 more worth it for H&R or no!
Because my Rabbit dream is dead/crushed, the wife is giving me free reign on the VR!
So after suspension, it'll be exhaust, chip, brakes!

· Banned
3,051 Posts
Re: Local Suspension Dealers (gehr)

Quote, originally posted by gehr »

Which is better though!? Is the $400 more worth it for H&R or no!

really depends on your expectations.. if just want it to be low with a decent ride Weitecs are just fine... if you are looking for something you can autocross or road race on the weekends than you probably should go with the H&R's

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.