VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2010 VW Golf TDI Turbo Diesel - 3 DR Hatchback has the Titan Black Fabric needed to
match the ones for the (Turbo Beetle) fabric interior models. They hug the top portion of the
rear seat backrest when placed in the 'down position' and allow a much better rearward view.
They are similar to the style in the Euro Turbo Beetles, which we cannot have access to, and
their 'curved' design only appears to be a wider than the ones on the Euro models. If you look
at Ebaymotors.com - Item # 220884755306, you can get a good look at them. Be sure that you
make note of the Vin # for the 'Ebay' car if you are going to get VW Parts to get you these
specifically listed (Titan Black ME2 Fabric) rear headrests. This will guarantee your getting the
proper ones. All the GTI models have this contrast color stitching that doesn't match the plain
color ones in our cars.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The 2010 VW Golf TDI Turbo Diesel - 3 DR Hatchback has the Titan Black Fabric needed to
match the ones for the (Turbo Beetle) fabric interior models. They hug the top portion of the
rear seat backrest when placed in the 'down position' and allow a much better rearward view.
They are similar to the style in the Euro Turbo Beetles, which we cannot have access to, and
their 'curved' design only appears to be a wider than the ones on the Euro models. If you look
at Ebaymotors.com - Item # 220884755306, you can get a good look at them. Be sure that you
make note of the Vin # for the 'Ebay' car if you are going to get VW Parts to get you these
specifically listed (Titan Black ME2 Fabric) rear headrests. This will guarantee your getting the
proper ones. All the GTI models have this contrast color stitching that doesn't match the plain
color ones in our cars.:thumbup:
If you were to build a 2012 Golf at the vwusa site, you would see that once you call up a photo of the full interior (activate small box in upper right hand corner), you will see what looks to be the
same rear headrest design as is in the 2010 Golf. However, when I physically inspected the 2012
model at the showroom I noted that the rear headrests were not as in the VW site photo, but
very high in design, much like the ones in our Beetles. I can only come to the conclusuion that
these VW site photos are mostly of the European cars and not the one we get here. I guess that
after 2010 the powers that be deicided that all U.S. headrests would now have to meet 'balloon
specs'.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did notice at a VW parts site that in addition to offering the 2010 Golf headrests they
list 'Locking' and 'Non locking' headrest guides. Am wondering if these were needed
or can the ones aleady in the 2012 Beetles be used? Also am not clear as to 'Locking'
or 'Non Locking' being a better choice .......if they are at all needed? I assume the ones
in the 2012 Beetles are the 'Locking' type.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just placed an order at www.autopartsoem.net (Toll Free # 1-855-654-3150) for two new
rear headrests in Titan Black Fabric (Re: 2010 Golf) for $191.10 ea., no tax, and $19 shipping.
Anyone wishing to order them should just make note that you don't want to give the fellow
there (Brian) a Vin from a 2010 GTI since they have contrast color trim and are not the plain
fabric that is in our Turbo models with fabric interior. You can use the Vin from any base or TDI
2010 Golf, Ex: WVWAB7AJ2AW383887, which relates to a 2010 Golf Hatchback. They are going
to ship out of Texas.

P.S. - Bye..Bye...rear 'Balloon' headrests !:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.