VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to run 4 long lugs, properly sized for the spacers and 1 lock nut (original length) that is short and won't grab as much thread?
What do you guys with nice wheels and spacers do about lock nuts??
Thanks

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Re: Lock nuts with spacers (mattty007)

Is it safe? Im sure youll be fine.
Would I recommend it? No.
Wheels locks are pointless, they wont stop anyone from stealing your wheels besides maybe a 6 year old girl.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Re: Lock nuts with spacers (Vengeance)

I can barely get my eurolocks off with a key, I would love to see someone steal my wheels

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Re: Lock nuts with spacers (Uber Ghetto)

Quote, originally posted by Uber Ghetto »
I can barely get my eurolocks off with a key, I would love to see someone steal my wheels

If someone is serious about stealing your wheels, a wheel lock will not stop them.
But then again, you do have the best handling mk4 in the entire world, so you never know.

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Re: Lock nuts with spacers (mattty007)

i wouldnt. seen that happen to a friend of mine. the shop most have torqued them to spec which yields stripped threads http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
9,379 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Vengeance »

Wheels locks are pointless, they wont stop anyone from stealing your wheels besides maybe a 6 year old girl.
I've seen some pretty feisty 6 year old girls in my day... I wouldn't be too quick with the assumptions
and yeah I really wouldn't recommend it b/c if people really want your wheels they can get them.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Vengeance »

If someone is serious about stealing your wheels, a wheel lock will not stop them.
But then again, you do have the best handling mk4 in the entire world, so you never know.

I love how you put words in my mouth, and then never let it drop. Maybe you don't have wheel locks because you can't get them off because I honestly now believe you are a 6 year old girl.
Wheel locks are like any anti-theft device, if someone wants anything bad enough they will find a way to steal it, but if I can slow down a thief so that they cant steal my wheels before someone sees them, or they just see OEM wheels with wheel locks and realize its not worth the trouble, then the $20 is worth me keeping my wheels.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts

Wheel locks actually saved my friend's wheels. And since it seems most wheel theives are just hoodlums and not professional criminals and don't really plan much of their heist out.... they got 4 bolts off my friends car, realized one was a lock and then said F it and left.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Uber Ghetto »
Wheel locks actually saved my friend's wheels. And since it seems most wheel theives are just hoodlums and not professional criminals and don't really plan much of their heist out.... they got 4 bolts off my friends car, realized one was a lock and then said F it and left.

ya, but i dont think running one with a spacer where you need longer bolts would be too safe

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Re: Lock nuts with spacers (02vw1.8turbo)

Quote, originally posted by 02vw1.8turbo »

ya, but i dont think running one with a spacer where you need longer bolts would be too safe

oh, not at all. Thats when eurolocks are your friend. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts