VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when a moderator locks something it means that us normal users cant post in it? But moderators can? I know that the "Is my gli a 16v" was locked earlier this morning yet 2035 posted in it this morning. i feel that is complete bullshiit. Even if he locked it its bull****. A Moderator can get a second word in or 2.... thats great. really.. superb. Where are thos Moderator rules i suggested?

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Re: locked? but not locked to moderators? (SidRocco)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey eastcoast...Does it really matter?[HR][/HR]​

Apparently it does to some.
Locked posts go to Area 51, and I believe the mods can still post in them.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Re: locked? but not locked to moderators? (eastcoastdubs)

it wasnt locked when I posted in the thread. and I cannot lock in this forum.

and afaik, a locked thread is locked to everyone unless its first unlocked.

[Modified by 2035cc16v, 5:09 AM 2-13-2002]

·
Registered
37,711 Posts
Re: locked? but not locked to moderators? (2035cc16v)

Drew I think you're wrong, we can post "after the lock" as far as I know. Sometimes I'll lock something right away and then post after I lock to explain why later. Its so I can get the offenders to stop posting when I want them to mostly.
Well, that and it gives us the ability to one up the users.. who else can post IATL!

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts

Moderators can add to locked posts across all the forums. That one was locked after I cleaned up crappola -yet again- that was posted in it.
I don't understand why this is even an issue to be posted in this forum. Questions? Help Forum. A2 related stuff? Golf/Jetta II forum. Extraneous stuff? http://www.off-topic.net

there are other forums outside the G/J II section

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]i feel that is complete bullshiit. Even if he locked it its bull****. A Moderator can get a second word in or 2.... thats great. really.. superb. Where are thos Moderator rules i suggested?[HR][/HR]​
Suggestions? Suggestion Box. Not this forum

·
Registered
13' GenCoupe, 21' Tiguan, 04' 330Ci
11,966 Posts

I move that normal user's get a speacial vote thingie, so that when a certain topic gets a certain amount of votes it will get locked.
Anyone care to second this?

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
Re: locked? but not locked to moderators? (Bex)

quote:[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]​
Dont threads usually get locked or sent to the black hole for posting stuff like this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.