VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I locked my keys in my car while delivering pizzas last week. It took me and 4 guys 45 mins out in the pouring rain to finnaly get it open. Finally we tried using a hanger to put the keys on the seat and the push the unlock button. Other than using a brick is there an easier way we could have gone about doing this?

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Re: Locked keys in car (buddylove)

with keyless entry its nearly impossible to lock my keys in my car, honestly i only thought of one way i could do it is if i hit the alarm button when the door is open and leave my keys in my car and shut the door. upgrade to keyless entry.

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Re: Locked keys in car (Lucky1AT)

Quote, originally posted by Lucky1AT »
I locked my keys in my car while delivering pizzas last week. It took me and 4 guys 45 mins out in the pouring rain to finnaly get it open. Finally we tried using a hanger to put the keys on the seat and the push the unlock button. Other than using a brick is there an easier way we could have gone about doing this?

Usually the keyless entry module is attached to the keys though, so if he leaves his keys in the car so his the keyless entry module...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Re: Locked keys in car (Madtac44)

Quote, originally posted by Madtac44 »
well since the only way i can arm my alarm is by locking the door from the outside, i will never lock my keys in the car.
i suggest locking your car from the outside

don't forget you can lock your car w/ the trunk open then throw your keys in the trunk and shut it. Bam! I locked my butt out of my car. I went to the dealer and gave them my key code and got a second key made. Got back in the car and now I have a spare!
http://****************.com/smile/emgift.gif

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Re: Locked keys in car (mk3ride)

Quote, originally posted by mk3ride »
put a spare key in youre wallet...works for me

Thats what I do, saved me more than once

·
Registered
667 Posts
Re: Locked keys in car (mk3ride)

Quote, originally posted by mk3ride »
put a spare key in youre wallet...works for me

Thats what i do and hasn't failed me yet. then again I havent locked my keys in my car, but my girl dod a few months ago, and immediately i took one of her keys and she took one of mine. JUST IN CASE !!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Locked keys in car (DubberFromCT)

i locked them in because I un armed it the i put my pizzas in the passenger side door but somehow it didn't know my car door opened and it reset as if it would after 30 or so seconds like if i were to not have opened the door at all and i had my keys on top of the delivery bag cause i had planned to just grab them when i got in from the other side. one of those unique circumstances.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Re: Locked keys in car (Lucky1AT)

When I got my car ( brand new, back in '97 ) it came with 2 regular keys and 2 remotes and a valet key. I always keep my car key separate from my house keys ( yes, 2 key rings ) and also keep the valet key with the house keys....
As it was said B4, it's almost impossible to lock yourself out using the remote, and in case you still do it, get the valet key out your poket then...

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Re: Locked keys in car (#nine)

Quote, originally posted by #nine »
When I got my car ( brand new, back in '97 ) it came with 2 regular keys and 2 remotes and a valet key. I always keep my car key separate from my house keys ( yes, 2 key rings ) and also keep the valet key with the house keys....
As it was said B4, it's almost impossible to lock yourself out using the remote, and in case you still do it, get the valet key out your poket then...

Don't your pockets get bulgy then though?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts