VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to lock the car without the horn beeping? I get off work real late at night, and its annoying that I have to make so much noise just to secure my car. I've tried the unlock/lock buttons on the door, but they dont seem to acutally lock the car, just the unlock works. Any idea's?

·
Registered
22,003 Posts
Re: Locking the car without the horn going off every time (Mike VR6)

find someone with a vag-com.... they can also make it so when you hit unlock.. both do it on the first try.. and a couple other cool things..

·
Registered
512 Posts
Re: Locking the car without the horn going off every time (Mike VR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]i believe the dealer can disable this function, along with various other things such as the auto locking locks and stuff[HR][/HR]​
That's right. First thing I did after taking delivery of my car.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Locking the car without the horn going off every time (SmokinDub)

I'll probobly be investing in a vag-com sooner or later. But, I'm kinda wondering why the button on the door doenst lock the car. It makes noise when I press it, like its trying to lock the doors, but when I close the door the interior light stay on and its not locked.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Re: Locking the car without the horn going off every time (SmokinDub)

i've always wanted to get a Hella air horn set since the last time i had airhorns (on a minivan!!!). but i've never done it because of the whole locking/unlocking thing. hell even when you do the remote hatch open it beeps. its kind of annoying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.