VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no doubt this has come up on the Vortex before, but I could not find it in Search. I am certain that it was here because that's where I found it years ago when I got my first Mark IV.
I read the manual all the way through and found nothing about it there, either.
When locking the car with the remote fob, the horn beeps and the lights flash. I am happy with the flashing lights, but would prefer that the horn not sound. I recall a simple fix for this, but cannot recall what it was/is. Anybody have the answer?
Thanks...

· Registered
1,572 Posts
Apparently it has to be done with vag-com
I'm having my dealership do this when I get my first oil change.
This is easily the most annoying "feature" ever conceived.

· Registered
356 Posts
Re: Locking With Remote (kleineGTI)

The only way I am aware of is with VAGCOM. It is a very simple procedure if you can find someone that has the VAGCOM cable and software. Your local tuner shop normally can do this. Mine did and "fixed" a few other things - turned off seat belt chime and it now does a needle sweep on start up.

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (koala)

Thanks for the quick responses people.
It can indeed be a very annoying feature, though I can see why some would like it.
Maybe things have changed since the Mark IV, but I remember a fix one could do at home without the Vagcom. Like one of those, "Insert the key and press a button three times while rubbing your tummy in a circle" kinda deals.

· Banned
53,535 Posts
Re: (kleineGTI)

Quote, originally posted by kleineGTI »
.....Maybe things have changed since the Mark IV, but I remember a fix one could do at home without the Vagcom.....

That was not true with the Mk4. No way to turn it off without special equipment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.