VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to work this moring and noticed that I have no rear lisence plate, I have no idea what happend. It was stolen or it just came off, I dont think it just came off. I think its pretty dumb if someone stole it. lol just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Re: LOL my lisence plate... where did it go? (91GLI)

you live in tacoma wouldnt put it past some of the people there not to stereotype

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: LOL my lisence plate... where did it go? (8vspeed)

Ya that it jacked, lol I bet someone put it on there car and went to go rob a bank with my plate # lol thats just my luck.

·
Banned
7,799 Posts

did you have new tags on it ? i have heard of people stealing license plates and cutting the tasgs off them and putting them on their cars.
cheap asses!

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Re: LOL my lisence plate... where did it go? (GliJet8v86)

Quote, originally posted by GliJet8v86 »
did you have new tags on it ? i have heard of people stealing license plates and cutting the tasgs off them and putting them on their cars.
cheap asses!
Yeah that use to happen all the time in Texas, so they made a change to the registration tags for the plates. The tags went on the lower left hand corner of the windshield so people would stop stealing them! I hated that they were there and hope I don't have to go through this again!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 91GLI »
Ya that it jacked, lol I bet someone put it on there car and went to go rob a bank with my plate # lol thats just my luck.

aren't you supposed to report to the police/dmv when your plate/s are stolen/lost/missing?

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Re: LOL my lisence plate... where did it go? (MulletMang)

Aren't the tabs made so that you can't peel them off, IIRC they just come apart if you try, so they'll prolly just throw your plate on for a while to be legal, that is until they get pulled over. Sorry that happened.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Re: LOL my lisence plate... where did it go? (skizzott)

they'll probably use it for a drive by or something

·
Banned
6,742 Posts
Re: LOL my lisence plate... where did it go? (skizzott)

Quote, originally posted by skizzott »
Aren't the tabs made so that you can't peel them off, IIRC they just come apart if you try, so they'll prolly just throw your plate on for a while to be legal, that is until they get pulled over. Sorry that happened.

Naw, just use a razor blade.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: LOL my lisence plate... where did it go? (hndaklr)

Ya just got back from the DMV and I had to get all new plates and tabs, but luckly the tabs were free. All I had to pay for was the plates, it was like $14. But its crap in the first place that this had to happen, but oh well

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Re: LOL my lisence plate... where did it go? (hndaklr)

Quote, originally posted by hndaklr »

Naw, just use a razor blade.
Razor blade takes effort! Use and iron to steam it off under a towel!

·
Banned
7,799 Posts
Re: LOL my lisence plate... where did it go? (egecko)

what they do is cut it off the plate and glue the plate and tab itself to there plate i have seen it done before. it's crap people do some dumb things.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Re: LOL my lisence plate... where did it go? (egecko)

Quote, originally posted by egecko »
Razor blade takes effort! Use and iron to steam it off under a towel!
WHen I would get my tags, I would put it on the license plate and then run a razor across it so when removal was attempted, it became a jig-saw puzzle!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts